Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Buying Advice: Fyxation Pixel

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-20, 08:06 AM
sidestyle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Very sadly, my Bianchi Pista (about a 2007 or so model) was stolen. I need a bike, obviously, but need to be a bit more budget friendly in these trying times. Because of the difficulty of shopping in person and some other factors, I'm not interested in used or building my own, etc. I'm just want to push the "buy" button and be done with it and stay under $500. I've been looking at the Fyxation Pixel for a few reasons, mostly because it's pretty close in weight to my Pista and it has closed hubs. Anyone have any experience with this brand?

Thanks!
Old 04-08-20, 10:28 AM
acoustophile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 59 Posts
I rode a Fyxation Eastside for a couple of years as a work beater. It was heavy AF but was a pretty bomb proof bike. They didn't advertise it, but the frame could fit 38c Schwalbe Marathons pretty easily too.

Old 04-11-20, 11:11 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4332 Post(s)
Liked 3,955 Times in 2,644 Posts
I have dealt with them in the past when buying a Sparta fork and they were quite nice and easy to deal with. I certainly wanted our shop to stock their single speeds instead of what we occasionally carried only because it was around the same MSRP but a little higher quality. Their Gates pedals are decent for cheap pedals.