Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

2020 GT Avalanche Expert vs 2019 Cannondale Trail 4

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-20, 12:20 PM
Rickpalace

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

Im looking to get an entry level hardtail, and i was debating betweena 2020 GT Avalanche Expert vs 2019 Cannondale Trail 4. Both prices similarly, trying to see wheich is the better buy.

​​​​​Anyone had a chance to test the 2? I unfortunately cant due to the pandemic, but shops offering online purchases.

Which would be the better frame?
And also anyone know which Rock Shox is superior Recon or Judy Gold?

Any feed back would be appreciated

Rick
Old 04-10-20, 05:33 AM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
Well, it's been a couple days and no one has replied to you. I'm betting it's because many of us haven't tested both of these bikes and cannot give an opinion on the comparison.

Only wanted to point out, that after a quick look at specs, this would be like comparing apples to apples.....do you like Gala Apples or Granny Apples or Red Delicious. All good apples, but which do you like the best?

Both bikes are comparable to each other, just need to choose, do you like SRAM better or Shimano components, which color do you like better? Which frame style do you like better?

Personally myself, I like the Avalanche Expert, but that's my personal opinion.

I believe the Judy Gold is a better shock, but didn't see either of those bikes with this suspension.
Old 04-11-20, 08:15 PM
qclabrat

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 63 Posts
I like the GT for the parts and price point. The Judy and Recon forks are the good budget options, but very good for those getting started.