Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Soma Saga Disc frame purchase

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Soma Saga Disc frame purchase

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-20, 12:52 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4353 Post(s)
Liked 3,993 Times in 2,665 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott
I couldn't use the 30mm spindle in my (BSA) BB because there wasn't enough room for the Di2 wire. So now I have this square taper crankset that cost more than my Soma frame and fork. (I justified buying the frame to hang all these extra parts on.) Check out the GRX 50/34T crankset. $150 and it works better than my White Industries boutique crankset.
I have been wanting a WI crankset for so long now, I just gotta do it. It is cheaper than the Cane Creek eeWings that I also lust after.
Old 02-09-20, 06:28 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
If you can use the 30mm one, I think that will be ideal. The one other (minor) problem I had was that one of the pins (that work together with the ramps to aid shifting) got pushed out a bit, and started snagging on the chain and throwing it. Once I hammered it back in, it was fine again.
Old 02-13-20, 02:01 PM
Gypsy1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ghazmh
looks terrific!
I love this frame... Haven't been online for a while!

it took almost a year to do the build
Likes For Gypsy1:
Old 02-24-20, 04:19 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
Nice. Mine is now a bit more built up:

The next thing I need to do is get something to replace the borrowed tires/wheels.