Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Priority Classic Plus

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Priority Classic Plus

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-19, 08:57 PM
oldgalcruising

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Priority Classic Plus

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Priority Classic Plus? It's only 25 pounds, so it piqued my interest.
Old 11-27-19, 10:15 PM
OldCruiser

Bikes: Most of my bikes are Single Speed Conversions

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 3,067 Times in 1,015 Posts
I wasn’t familiar with the Priority brand of bikes . I googled them and they look like a nice bike built similar to what I call the old English three speed design , but modernized.
For what they’re asking for them , you can get a nice Electra or Specialized Roll , both I would think would be more comfortable riding . Something with bigger tires to absorb bumps and vibrations.
Just my two cents , I like big tired bikes .
Old 11-28-19, 08:35 AM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,176 Times in 795 Posts
I have no experience with Priority, but I do like the looks, specs, and features of that Classic Plus. It looks like you don't need to modify anything to be ready to ride. Just pick a color.

Sure, I'd like wider tires like kirby999 mentioned, but the 700x35s on that bike will probably be fantastic for someone 175 lbs. or lighter. I have a bike with 700x38s and I weigh 185 lbs. fully dressed. The 38s are comfy enough at pressures of 50 psi and the 35s on that Priority only lose 3mm in width per the specs. So, basically the same tires as what I have.

The plus side to tires in the 35 to 38 width range is they sure seem to coast easier and further than wider tires.

Oooh, price drops to $449.00 with the discount code through November 30. I wonder what the shipping cost is?

Last edited by FiftySix; 11-28-19 at 08:41 AM.
Likes For FiftySix:
Old 11-28-19, 10:02 AM
Nighttrain

Bikes: Pinarello Prince that's cracked at the bb weld

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Same as FiftySix, I like very much the classic frame design on the Priority cruiser.
Old 11-28-19, 10:28 AM
brdeleo49

Bikes: Electra Cruiser 7D, Dahon Boardwalk, Sundeal F1

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
The Priority Classic has great specs for what you are looking for. Belt instead of chain will be cleaner for you in the long term. Add a front basket or rear rack with panniers to carry your groceries, etc. The price is right and your addons will not cost you much. Enjoy if you do decide....
Old 11-28-19, 10:30 AM
oldgalcruising

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the input, everyone. I must say that I am very taken with the looks of the bike. And it does meet my most important requirements (weight and upright seating position). PLUS, it advertises itself as being, if not maintenance free, at least maintenance light - important if you're a bike novice like myself. The Priority e-bike is very enticing as well. But, alas, the price tag is beyond me.
Old 11-28-19, 11:41 AM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,102 Times in 1,366 Posts
I had a first generation Classic a few years ago. I won it in a contest. I had a few problems but they all have been reportedly fixed in the current version: Better built wheels, a front brake included (important if riding with any cargo like a kid, double important if it's a front kid seat which makes you do cowboy starts and stops), longer chain stays and lower gearing enabled by the replacement of the original belt with the Gates.
Genesis 49:16-17
Old 02-17-20, 03:07 PM
Crossthreaded88

Bikes: Cannondale M500, Electra Cruiser 7, Schwinn Cruiser 3 2003 retro, Trek Calipso Cruiser 7sp, Dyno Taboo Tiki, Dyno Moon Eyes, Dyno Duece, Dyno Moto 7

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
I have a Priority Classic 26 inch wheel single speed beach cruiser, so it's not the same as the bike you are asking about, and I really like it! East Coast company that wanted to build a beach bike impervious to rust and they very nearly hit the nail on the head. Mostly aluminum construction with stainless steel here and there. The Gates belt drive is cool for the beach because of no oil or grease to attract sand , dust, or dirt. Well made bike that, even with the steep price tag new, I would buy again. I scored mine used and put just a little maintenance into it and some fine tuning of the belt drive. Recently scored a women's model with a nexus 3 speed drive train and it looks like it will fit on the men's model I just have yet to do the conversion, maybe this summer. Lightweight but strong matte blue with clay colored tires it's kind of the best of all worlds. I had no idea they existed when I bought it off someone who brought it from the East to the West. Fine bikes with a lot more going for them than even I realized!
Old 02-21-20, 11:45 PM
JehD

Bikes: 1981 Bertin C34 - 2020 Electra Cruiser 7D - 2021 Mongoose Dolomite ALX

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 131 Times in 86 Posts
Ive watched a few reviews from KevCentral and he likes them.