Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Cannondale R4000si CAAD6 lower crown race and headset compatibility

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-19, 11:17 AM
thomastrnka

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, first time posting on here but i figure someone is bound to know more than me about this issue.

I purchased a caad6 frameset knowing the campy headset was shot and was gonna need replacing. i thought it get a campy compatible fsa headset instead of dropping 150$ on a record headset. i got the fsa in and the bearings seat quite nicely in the frame however the fork lower crown race doesnt fit. ive looked at campagnolo 1-1/8 headsets and even thos dont seam to have the taper on the lower race. I have found a cannondale specific crown race but im guessing that pairs with a campy headset and not with fsa. Posting up some pictures of the fork crown as well as old campy race (cracked) , new fsa impact race, and the cannondale specific one i found online. Can anyone this up for me. is that race really specific to cannondale and can i find a race that will find the crown and run fsa or any other 45/45 campy style bearings?

I cannot post any photos directly since this is my first post. soooooo idk how to get this out. could i respond with images maybe? help

Thanks for the help guys!

Thomas
Old 11-01-19, 02:10 PM
blamester
Blamester

Bikes: Peugeot teamline

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 101 Posts
Why won't it fit?
Too big or too small?
Old 11-01-19, 02:19 PM
thomastrnka

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blamester
Why won't it fit?
Too big or too small?
it's the right diameter but the crown on the fork has an angled taper to it and the fsa race doesnt. I cant post any photos because this is my first time posting on here so i can see how this is quite difficult to explain. hoping someone with the same bike has replaced the headset along with the lower race and has some experience on this. from what i see even a campagnolo record headset doesnt come with the right fork race. it has an even diameter all the way and lacks that slight angle to match the fork
Old 11-02-19, 10:35 AM
slowpacer

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
I think the headset on this bike is called "Campagnolo Hiddenset". There are crown races with pictures sold on ebay and amazon for this particular type of headset.