Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Tandem Roof Bike Rack for T-Bolt X Bars

Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Old 09-29-20, 11:32 PM
Gride

Bikes: Santana Beyond PHD DA/ XTR Di2, Canyon Ultimate CF SLX DA Mech (Canyon refused valid warranty claim), 2021 Specialized Tarmac SL7 12 spd DA, 2022 No.22 Drifter X 12spd DA, Budnitz Alpha- Gates belt-Alfine internal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does anyone know of a Tandem Roof Bike Rack that will be compatible with the new style aero crossbars such as Yakima JetStream or Thule WingBar. My understanding is these crossbars have T-Bolt slots that can slide in a slot/ groove for adjustibility and a clean look. I'm ok with either the swing away tandem loading type rack or a conventional hoist it over your head, balance it and try to lock something in before it falls over kind.

Thank you kindly !
Old 10-01-20, 11:36 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2493 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Seriously, I would not use a tandem roof rack if I was paid to do it. I have been a member of a tandem club and the number of members that drive into the garage with the tandem(s) still on top is more than you would ever want to know. Apologies if you already have this kind of rack and are just that good that you've never (will never) had a mishap of this kind. One team I know of managed to do extensive damage to the garage too in addition to the total write off of their custom Co-Motion.
Old 10-01-20, 02:05 PM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1442 Post(s)
Liked 711 Times in 365 Posts
Rocky Mounts tandem tray works with European factory rails, it looks like it should work with Jetstream. Unfortunately they,don’t make them anymore.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.
Old 10-04-20, 12:19 PM
AKTed

Bikes: Norther Lyon, Ritchey Ti Cross Breakaway, Gunnar Sport, Santa Cruz Chameleon, Salsa Beargrease, Santana Arriva, 907 Fatbike, Airborne Lucky Strike, Surly LHT

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I made a plate out of aluminum stock to mount a Yakima Sidewinder to my Thule Evo bars, using T-bolts. Works very well with little wind noise.

Old 10-05-20, 08:40 AM
amilianadvtrs

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
I found a Rocky Mounts Tandem Rack (R4?) on eBay and it came with T-Slot hardware as well as round/square bar brackets.

But like Merlin said, it's discontinued so you will have to find it used or new-old-stock.