Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Do you ride (Shimano) PRO saddles?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-15, 04:58 PM
therh

Bikes: 2011 Fuji Roubaix 2.0 (Tiagra)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello,

I am looking at buying a new saddle and my LBS has started carry (Shimano) PRO. I wanted to know if anyone has rode or own PRO saddles?

If so what your thoughts? How do they compare to Fizik? Selle Italia? etc

RH
Old 03-18-15, 06:43 PM
redtires
Extra Medium Member

Bikes: Fezzari Empire; State 6061 Allroad gravel; Scott Spark; Specialized Status 140

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 17 Posts
While I've never ridden any of them, I've always thought the build quality wasn't quite as good as high end saddles from manufacturers such as Fizik or Selle Italia. And honestly, this is totally based off of personal opinion of what I've seen, so take it with a grain of salt. That being said, if one of them fits you, could be the best saddle you've ever ridden. Saddles are EXTREMELY personal and can't be compared per se in the area of fit or comfort. To extrapolate somewhat on my first comment, all the one's I've seen have had stapled covers and lots of "bumpers" and things like that attached to the saddle...these are things that I personally don't like, nor do I think they are necessary. The right shape, simplicity and quality materials make a good saddle to me.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a generalization of "PRO" components....I LOVE my VIBE7 bars.

Last edited by redtires; 03-18-15 at 06:44 PM. Reason: added info
Old 03-19-15, 04:45 PM
snidely
Cycliste sérieux

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ride the PRO Falcon on both of my road bikes. Have done a few centuries and other long rides on them. Can't complain one bit about them.

Took me a few tries with other saddles before finding this model. Glad I did.

I can't tell any difference in quality between this and the Selle Italia or Specialized saddles I have owned.
Old 03-23-15, 09:23 PM
therh

Bikes: 2011 Fuji Roubaix 2.0 (Tiagra)

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been looking at the Falcon, I have yet to try it out, but looks like a pretty good saddle.