Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Randolph County NC road riders

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-19, 06:59 AM
Germanrazor

Bikes: Trek Madone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 54 Posts

Any Randolph County riders in the forum here that get together for road rides? I am not looking for burning up the pavement, just nice rides throughout the county roads with an occasional sprint or two for elevating the heart rate.
Old 11-09-19, 07:36 AM
Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 1,641 Times in 944 Posts
I hear Randolph Co is a zoo Good luck, I've been trying to get Eastern NC Bike Forum guys together to ride as well without much luck. I'm in Kinston btw. We're both close enough to the Triangle that maybe we could get a Raleigh gathering of BF members for a greenway (or country road) ride some weekend.
Old 11-09-19, 08:09 AM
Germanrazor

Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji
I hear Randolph Co is a zoo Good luck, I've been trying to get Eastern NC Bike Forum guys together to ride as well without much luck. I'm in Kinston btw. We're both close enough to the Triangle that maybe we could get a Raleigh gathering of BF members for a greenway (or country road) ride some weekend.
It is a zoo for sure LOL. I worked there after college while waiting for my fulltime job to start my career.

I see riders haphazardly throughout the county on the beautiful secondary roads which are great for road cycling but never see ways to communicate and organize friendly road rides.

There is a lical ride club I rode with once and they ride like their butts are on fire.....not pleasurable in any sense to me. I like the every so often 200 yard sprint to elevate the heart but riding like your racing for money when you are not blows in my book.

Hopefully something can be organized for sure and some nice leizure rides can be done.
Old 01-12-20, 07:08 AM
Germanrazor

No takers

Guess the folks I see on the road do not partake in forums to communicate.
Old 04-19-20, 05:47 AM
Germanrazor

I am using Google cycling to communicate with local road rides in NC and specifically Randolph County area. So if interested please go to that site for organized rides as they seem to have much better participation.