Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

1986 Miyata 710

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-15, 10:46 AM
JamesRL

Bikes: Fiori Roma, Currently building a Bianchi, Trek 330, formerly Monshee Nomad, Favorit, Bianchi Sport SX, Frankenbike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Young47
Update: I decided against getting this bike. I didn't feel comfortable with the fact the front tire was replaced. I had a feeling that it was either stolen or wrecked at some point. I didn't want to take a chance and decided to keep looking for another bike to buy. Thank you everyone for your help I learnt a lot. I think I might have found another bike I like.
I would not have let a front wheel replacement bother me, I've bought several bikes with that situation - as long as the quality and weight/construction is comparable then it should be fine. Even mismatched tires are ok, as long as they are both similar and in good condition. Wait till one wears down, then replace them both.
Old 10-15-15, 04:09 AM
eschlwc
Banned.

Bikes: '73 falcon sr, '76 grand record, '84 davidson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
each of my three keepers have been wrecked multiple times. one of them had to have its steerer straightened. none of them wear their original wheelsets (or tires). they're still pristine, and i wouldn't sell any of them for less than $1k.
Old 09-26-18, 05:32 PM
avhed

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Anyone know the geometry of this bike?
Looks like a steeper seat angle for triathlon?