Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Giordana and Klein Frames

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-19, 01:41 PM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 327 Posts
Giordana and Klein Frames

For Sale is a GIORDANA, Made In Italy "ANTARES" Frame and Fork. Size is 54Cm. These were made in the early 90's, designed by Dario Pegoretti for Giordana (GITA)

It is Columbus Cromor tubing ,it has a recently Chromed Fork in new condition, The Frame is primered and has one coat of white Enamel Gloss white paint to prevent corrosion. I was going to restore this frame but I have too many projects.The frame needs paint and Decals.

The frame has all the braze on fittings and has "Giordana" and "Made in Italy" pantographing. The fork has a "G" pantograph on the crown.There is NO damage to this frame. The right side chain stay is Chromed as well.

Decals typically run about $40 on the internet ,or build it like it is and ride it.

Price is $250.00..

Also For Sale is a Klein Quantum ,Made In U.S.A.

ALUMINUM Frame with Original steel Fork.Frame size is 56CM. It is USED but in very good condition, Paint is chipped which is normal for a over 20 year old bike.

It comes with a Bottom Bracket which spins nice and smooth and a Shimano Headset ( I think its a Shimano 600,Im not 100% sure).

Price is $150 FIRM..No Trades.

Im in the Los Angeles Area and prefer a meet up ,I can drive within 35 miles.Shipping is available and fees are the responsibilities of the buyer. I have many more pictures if requested.

Last edited by Manny66; 06-06-19 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-07-19, 06:28 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,981 Times in 1,775 Posts
For anyone considering the Giordana let me say that my Antares was my first Italian bike and is a wonderful one. There is something quite special about the way Giordana's ride on the road. I love mine so much that it drove me to seek out three other (so far) Giordana models. None of which I would ever consider selling.

These frame will build up into a wonderful bike without any doubt at all!

Mine has a lot of pink and may not look very "manly". But there's nothing soft about how fast it flies down the road and I love taking this out on the weekends just to blow by all the fancy spandex wearing youngsters on their $5000 plastic bikes.

Someone needs to jump on this frame!
Old 06-07-19, 10:51 PM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Thanks to Jamesdak for pointing out that I mistakenly labeled the Giordana as a Polaris when it was in fact an ANTERES model.
Old 07-09-19, 09:23 PM
Manny66 

bump
Old 07-18-19, 09:07 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,981 Times in 1,775 Posts
35 wonderful miles on my Antares after work yesterday. I just shake my head in amazement that this is still here. Such a wonderful riding frame. Don't let the Cromor tubing put you off if considering this. It shows in the weight of the frame but not in the magical ride quality. I do long mountain climbs of 5 miles at an avg 8% grade with mine no problem. And that's with a 42T small chainring and like a 21T or 23T out bike. This frame puts the power to the wheel!