Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Post your e.bike pictures here.

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Post your e.bike pictures here.

Old 02-05-11, 12:05 AM
Tizraftee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neilmcleod
Here's my Surley Cross Check with a Bionx Kit. Been riding it about a week now, it it works well. Needs better brakes, water bottle mount somewhere, and quieter freehub but otherwise excellent. I'm thinking the battery may end up in the pannier.

beautiful setup. who said an ebike has to be ugly.
I wasn't sure Bionx kits were compatible with road bikes. how did you make it work?

Last edited by Tizraftee; 02-05-11 at 12:10 AM. Reason: quote
Old 02-11-11, 04:59 PM
edcastrovalley

Bikes: "e" marin, gary fisher, giant

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Marin Palisades Trail Mountain Bike (Ex-Bike Shop Rental)

Before (sort of). Picture taken right after the e-bike kit was first installed last September. The original controller would do only about 10mph and would basically turn off or not assist at speeds over 10mph. It was still helpful to have for climbing hills or accelerating from a stop and I was happy to have it. I also had 4 flat tires in the first month with these cheap $10 tires.

After with the same Amped Bikes 9x7 dd motor but with a few other modifications:

Lyen 12 fet programmable controller with regen and CA (Cycle Analyst) direct connect plug.
The Cycle Analyst Direct Plug model itself.
60v 10ahr pack (Turnigy 5S 5ahr lipo pair in series with the original 36v 10ahr lifepo4 pack)
30amp and 45amp Anderson connectors (over 20 used in all!).
Big Apple balloon suspension tires.
Torque Arm (home made)
New seat (Unity)
icharger 1010B+ to charge both batteries. This charger uses 12vdc which I connect to the solar charged golf cart battery pack in my garage.

Overall, the bike is now quite reliable and is a pleasure to use. On the flat she will do 30mph and climbs hills nicely. I also have a 2nd wire harness with 2 extra lipo batteries to make a 72v 10ahr pack that will do 35mph+ on the flat that I use to race cars on the boulevard in town. It's a lot of fun but, the controller and phase wires get toasty and the battery goes kind of fast. Center of gravity is 5 inches forward of the seat post so it handles rather nicely.

I originally was going to get a newer bike to replace this older retired rental bike but, I kind of like it the way it is. I take it to the store everyday and I feel a little better leaving it locked it to the bike rack in front of the store. I also have a box I can mount to the battery rack that will fit about 6 bags of groceries but, it makes it hard to throw my leg over the seat.

For future modification I will get a better headlight like a Magic Shine (I have a dc to dc converter already). After that, maybe a 2nd hub motor in the back .

I thank all those who posted questions and answers on this forum. They've a big help with my project so far... .

Click to enlarge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
before.jpg (95.4 KB, 234 views)
after.jpg (99.4 KB, 248 views)

Last edited by edcastrovalley; 02-11-11 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Larger pictures
Old 02-13-11, 07:41 AM
Folding-Bikes

Bikes: Pacific-Reach SL

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I am new to electric bikes.

Here is my little Electric bike! the CarryMe Electric.

We went for a 20 mile test ride yesterday through muddy off road paths & on the road, had loads of fun! (Check out bottom right picture for muddy proof)

Note: This is not what this little bike is designed for, but as always, I wanted to test my new gadget to the extreme. Battery still had 25% left at the end of the ride

Pics credit to: My friends who test rode it
George Lin (Pacific Cycles) for creating such a creative and useful machine

Last edited by Folding-Bikes; 02-13-11 at 07:45 AM.
Old 02-18-11, 01:10 PM
indyend

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

See all my e-bike pictures
speed around 20 kmh from gps device.
Batt 12v 9a 3ea
at 25km batt will tell me,plz chart.

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=66ab7c1e81

Last edited by indyend; 02-18-11 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-20-11, 02:00 AM
El Duderino X
Hrumph!

Bikes: 2007 Dahon Cadenza w/ Alfine IGH11, modified MEC Desire w/Alfine IGH8,+ 2 ebikes: Bionx PL350 & 36V eZee FHB/Tidalforce frames.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Folding-Bikes

We went for a 20 mile test ride yesterday through muddy off road paths & on the road, had loads of fun! (Check out bottom right picture for muddy proof)

Note: This is not what this little bike is designed for, but as always, I wanted to test my new gadget to the extreme. Battery still had 25% left at the end of the ride

Wild. Is that a belt drive?
Old 03-21-11, 02:20 AM
Folding-Bikes

Bikes: Pacific-Reach SL

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by El Duderino X
Wild. Is that a belt drive?
No belt drive, it uses a clever chain that does not need oil( no dirty clothes!) they use this chains in chainsaws to cut trees. Kind of fitting really, restoring the balance 1 ride at a time
Old 03-21-11, 05:53 AM

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Folding-Bikes

have one just like it but it doesn't fold up has 18inch rims and goes over 40

sorry this video is for my two builds i start showing my scooter near the end

cheers
Old 04-19-11, 09:47 AM
DarthSensate

Bikes: '90s GT AllTerra Timberline with GM hub motor, Raleigh Competition, '81 Lotus Super Pro Aero, Schwinn S-25

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Latest build: Schwinn S-25 with AmpedBikes 36v FDD (2010)

Second Build from last year. Still has the awful knobbies that came from the store on the rims.

I use this one for running around town. ... drop off the video returns, pick up Chinese, books back to the library, pharmacy, milk run, etc. The shocks are very nice for hopping curbs to and from side walks... not to mention un-even sidewalks and pot holes. The knobbies HAVE TO GO. They are very loud and slow me down. I have some nice road slicks waiting for the transplant.

It also has a test build of 4x3, 5ah SLA battery packs that I am comparing to my usual 2x3, 7ah packs. I'm still sorting through the pile of salvaged 5ah SLA's to identify good cells.
Attached Images
2010 S-25 AmpedBikes 800.jpg (101.1 KB, 222 views)

Last edited by DarthSensate; 04-19-11 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-07-11, 07:01 PM
jethro56 
Watching and waiting.

Bikes: Trek 7300 Trek Madone 4.5 Surly Cross Check

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Version 1.0 is finally done.

Old 05-08-11, 02:44 AM
rapattack

Bikes: EziGo zoom

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
New set up with new more powerful batteries

I have the new more powerful batteries in the wheelie backpack thanks to my very handy neighbour. He wired all 3 batteries up and i came up with the idea of the baf. I also rebuilt my trailor and i am getting extention cords tomorrow so i can put the battery bag ont he trailr :0)
Attached Images
90.jpg (89.8 KB, 373 views)
91.jpg (82.2 KB, 365 views)
Old 05-09-11, 07:12 PM
Fairmont
Out

Bikes: two-wheelers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is what I'm currently riding to work and back (and around town, the neighborhood, etc).

Where I live we have over a hundred miles of paved bike paths, and electric is perfectly legal, so I'm having a blast.

Ebikekit.com
Worksman Tricycle (500-pound capacity)
36-volt SLA batteries (on the rear deck)
22amp controller
Thumb throttle
Coaster brake (works great)

Goes 22mph on the flats with a range (in our hilly town) of about twelve miles. The farthest I've gone is eight and still had plenty of juice left, so I'm guessing on the range.

It can do most of the hills in town unassisted, but there are a couple steep ones in which I have to pedal, but it's not straining at all. Easy living.

I've done a little work on it since this picture was taken a week ago. I now have a battery box in the back that contains everything, including extra wiring, a little more neatly. I also installed a headlight and tail light.

It takes me 20-25 minutes to ride to work each way (four miles, including several hills) depending on how relaxed I want the ride. My best time was 17.5 minutes when I was pushing it.

Old 05-10-11, 10:39 PM
kiloton_ebikes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Currently I'm riding the Kiloton Speed+ to work, all these models are equipped with LiFePO4 batteries that can last about 2000 charge cycles.
Attached Images
breeze.jpg (42.8 KB, 361 views)
speed+.jpg (47.7 KB, 360 views)
fleet.jpg (39.3 KB, 357 views)
Old 05-14-11, 07:11 AM
Ecumbent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old 05-14-11, 07:15 AM
Ecumbent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old 05-14-11, 07:17 AM
Ecumbent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old 05-18-11, 07:02 AM
Ripmobile

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, looks nice. My wife has a Cycle Genius. Is that an Ecospeed setup, or something else?
Old 05-18-11, 09:31 AM
edcastrovalley

Bikes: "e" marin, gary fisher, giant

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=jethro56;12610480]Version 1.0 is finally done.

Nice lookin bike there Jethro. What are you using to connect the batteries together with? Anderson connectors? Also, is the controller in the ammo can too?
Old 05-18-11, 06:31 PM
Ecumbent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ripmobile
Hi, looks nice. My wife has a Cycle Genius. Is that an Ecospeed setup, or something else?
Ecospeed's out of my price range. Its a 500 watt Cyclone with dual freewheel clutch. I can use either pedals or electric or both.

I've since ditched the side bags and just stuff the battery pack in a rear backpack slung over the seat frame.
Old 05-24-11, 07:34 PM
mst3kpimp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is my second build around a Schwinn Landmark with the aotema hub. After rigging it up I really liked the smooth soild ride which rivaled my previous cruiser but I did not care for the stock looks. After fooling around in photoshop I decided on a more 'radical' color scheme. I decided to try Krylon fusion for plastic as it had good reviews and the colors I wanted.
I got "yellow sunbeam" & "metalic black texured". I did'nt want to do alot of prepping but I windexed the naked frame till it was clean, taped it, hung it up and layed on the yellow. It took many light coats until everything was solid and hid the dark decals. It was dry to touch soon enough but still very soft. I let it dry for a few days. After re-tapeing, I rehung the frame to lay down a few coats of the textured black metalic which looks like black sandpaper when dry. The next day I removed the tape and liked what I saw but I was still stressed as to weather or not it would stick or get hard. The can said 7 days to cure so during the next week I would occasionally dig into the paint to see how it was doing. It took over a week before the paint would not chip off after digging hard. I read about 'baking' the frame in the sun so I put it outside and let the FL rays beat on it for a few days and this helped alot. You really have to let your paint cure before you even think about wiring it up. After about 2 weeks I was confident enough to reassemble the bike, I strapped on a triangle as well as a carrier pouch that I added straps to, sewed on some nifty patches and voila...
Old 05-26-11, 10:26 AM
xyshannen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My ebike:

The bike is a mongoose I bought new online from Walmart, I pulled all the decals off. The motor is a Crystalyte 5304 with a 48v 20 amp LiFePO4. I replaced the front brake with an Avid DH hydraulic brake. I still need to figure out some sort of rear brake. As it is you have to be very careful when breaking. Even though the rear of the bike is over 60 pounds, the Avid will flip you if you are not paying attention.

I just placed an order for a new 60v 20A LiFePO4 pack from ping. With the new pack speeds of 40-45 mph are not out of the question.

My goal with this bike was to make it look as much like a normal bike as possible. Although with the heavier pack I'm going to have to come up with a better mounting alternative.
Old 07-25-11, 04:23 AM
Berta

Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
Old 08-01-11, 12:43 PM
divashenko

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://picturepush.com/public/6173105

Just got it this week....1000W Tidal Force M-750 X2.0 ---

Built on a Montague Paratrooper Frame -- it flies.

features nine forward power modes, nine resistance (exercise) modes, cruise control and anti-theft. It folds to 3 x 3 ft, so it fits in the boot, and just some of the componentry is ---- RockShox Tora 302 Forks, Shimano XTR brakes, FSA Gossamer 30/38/52 tooth crank set, Crane Creek Thudbuster ST seat suspension and a WTB Speed-V Seat.

More pics to come soon.

Last edited by divashenko; 08-01-11 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-01-11, 03:25 PM
miro13car
Banned.

Bikes: Norco

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yours is E+ Tidial Force 1000W , important is to put E+ in front otherwise it is highly misleding.
Without E+ many people would think you bought TF brand new which is impossible.
Because it is E+ bike using Tidal Force frame only.
Old 08-02-11, 11:24 PM
divashenko

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Misleading. No.

Originally Posted by miro13car
yours is E+ Tidial Force 1000W , important is to put E+ in front otherwise it is highly misleding.
Without E+ many people would think you bought TF brand new which is impossible.
Because it is E+ bike using Tidal Force frame only.
It's a TIDALFORCE frame, ergo a Tidalforce bike. Actually, to be technical, its a Montague frame customized by Tidalforce, powered by E+. Even if Ford goes out of business tomorrow and you buy a Ford Car (owned now by Chevrolet), it's still a Ford. Sure, powered by E+. It can only be powered by E+, because there are only 240 of these in the world and they are all E+.

Lets just skip the details.
Old 08-07-11, 07:59 PM
miro13car
Banned.

Bikes: Norco

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Prosto poczytaj bolsze na TF Google forum.
Tidal Force brand was made by Wavecrest Laboratories, E+ and all ebikes which use E+ electrical system are manufactured by EMS and are called E+ bikes.
Electric Motion Systems is just using surplas TF frames, just frame was originally used by TF .
Real Tidal Force ebikes use TF 7-phase TF systems, and are called Tidal Force bikes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.