Primitive Don
Champion of the Low End

Bikes: I have some bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 11 Posts
West Town Bikes Chicago

Just finished up a 6-week DIY Tune Up Class at West Town Bikes in Chicago, and it was super informative! My instructor Steve was very enthusiastic and shared a ton of great knowledge about adjusting the different bearing sets, gears and brakes on our bikes. I also visited their Open Shop, and the founder Alex helped me overhaul my rear hub and shared his tricks for getting the adjustments just right. Just want to say these are some great folks, and they have great enthusiasm for sharing their wisdom and insights. My bike is really running great!
Old 08-13-08, 09:54 AM
bibliobob

Bikes: '53/'54 Bianchi CDM, '62ish Altenburger Cinelli Mod B, '69 Rene Herse Competition, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '73-74 Colnago Super,, '73-74 Cinelli SC, '78ish counterfeit Confente, '82 Medici Gran Turismo, '67ish Mondia Speciale, Eddy Merckx Pro

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 87 Posts
+1!

They're a really great organization. I've taken a couple classes there and regularly take advantage of their open workshop sessions. Alex is very knowledgeable and very helpful.

If anyone in the area is looking for a good place to learn repair, this is it. Sign up early for classes, as they usually sell out.

Also, if anyone has any older decent mountain bikes that they'd like to donate, Alex uses them to teach bike classes to kids, which is the real purpose of the organization.
Old 08-18-08, 08:21 PM
Anarchy4ever
Your Local Crank Pusher

Bikes: bmx, mtn, road, and rollerblades.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My front derailer isnt set right. It clicks against the chain in certain setups.