Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings from Chicagoland

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-20, 11:26 AM
Bikeswapguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where are you from? What do you ride? How long have you been riding? Anything else we should know about you?

Hello everyone. My family has owned a bike shop in St. Charles, IL for about 45 years, and this year we are taking the reigns of the Chicago Winter Bike Swap to keep it running strong. I've noticed discussions on here about the swap and have ended up here through more than a couple google searches for answers to tech questions in the past. I figured it was time to sign up!

My main biking discipline is mountain. I love romping up and over things. I own a 2014 Fuel Ex 8. I was raised on a road bikes, doing centuries and ride support as a child. I also have a proper bar bike built from a Trek Clyde from sometime early 2000s. I've been riding my whole life.
Old 01-16-20, 11:59 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3089 Post(s)
Liked 6,589 Times in 3,779 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums Bsg! Thanks for running the swap meet.
Old 01-16-20, 12:08 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked 1,433 Times in 815 Posts
Welcome to BikeForums. NIce to have an addition that is in the bicycle business. I was born and raised in Rockford, actually Loves Park, IL. I have lived in south-coastal Delaware for 44 years. I make to Rockford area occasionally, but have not been in Chicago, other than Ohare, in many years. Would like to make it to the swap meet one day.
Old 01-16-20, 04:10 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11960 Post(s)
Liked 6,629 Times in 3,477 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums!