Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Old friends

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Old friends

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-14, 07:42 PM
gregw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old friends

Did my first cross country tour in 2004, met my now long time friend Graeme at Rough River lake state park in Kentucky. He's leaving his home in Scotland to cycle across the US again this summer. We will have a nice visit as he passes by Louisville in late April. So many memories, so many friends made, so many reasons to travel on the slow side, by bike.
Old 03-10-14, 11:03 PM
mdilthey

Bikes: Nature Boy 853 Disc, Pugsley SS

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
My life changed on the bike. In 2011, I had never hiked, camped, biked more than 20 miles, ran a mile, slept outside, none of it.

In 2012, I biked 1,500 miles unsupported with two guys I barely knew- we've been very close, nigh-inseparable friends since.

It's 2014, I'm 23, and I have upwards of 7,000 miles, 15+ mountains, hundreds of nights outside, and thousands of stories to share. I'm a different person. I'm strong and fit, for the first time in my life. I'm a more interesting person and I love who I've become, just by pushing outside my comfort zone. Bike touring redefined my life.

Slow side, indeed. My girlfriend (out of my league three years ago! Would I have had the confidence to go out with her? Who knows!) is catching the bug...