Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

upload tool blocking photos

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-23, 06:35 PM
Prowler 

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 404 Posts
upload tool blocking photos

I've uploaded many photos over the years, multiple photos/post several times. No issues until this past week. The upload tool, accessed via the "mountain and moon" icon or via "go advanced" and "manage attachments" tool has suddenly started failing. I can upload one photo then when I try to drag the next photo into the tool it just opens the photo (like its opening a pdf file) and stops. I cannot back out nor cancel. I have to kill the post. I've been lucky to start again and restore saved content but the upload tool still will not allow a second nor third photo. The fault persisted if I logged out and logged back in. It persisted if I tried creating the reply post again from scratch. It worked OK the next day. Today, I quit, closed the window for several hours, logged back in and tried again. But just one photo

It took me several days to upload 4 photos to complete a repair thread.

Please advise.
Old 06-25-23, 07:14 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18420 Post(s)
Liked 15,564 Times in 7,333 Posts
It’s been freezing on me the last couple of days. Even the Cancel option stops working. I have to exit the forum completely then come back to get any functionality.
Old 06-26-23, 07:02 AM
Prowler 

Originally Posted by indyfabz
It’s been freezing on me the last couple of days. Even the Cancel option stops working. I have to exit the forum completely then come back to get any functionality.
That’s my experience. Except it does not improve if I log out then right back in. I’ve had to wait some unknown number of hours. Ugh.
Old 06-26-23, 09:05 AM
IBkatherine
Administrator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Prowler
I've uploaded many photos over the years, multiple photos/post several times. No issues until this past week. The upload tool, accessed via the "mountain and moon" icon or via "go advanced" and "manage attachments" tool has suddenly started failing. I can upload one photo then when I try to drag the next photo into the tool it just opens the photo (like its opening a pdf file) and stops. I cannot back out nor cancel. I have to kill the post. I've been lucky to start again and restore saved content but the upload tool still will not allow a second nor third photo. The fault persisted if I logged out and logged back in. It persisted if I tried creating the reply post again from scratch. It worked OK the next day. Today, I quit, closed the window for several hours, logged back in and tried again. But just one photo

It took me several days to upload 4 photos to complete a repair thread.

Please advise.
What browser and device are you using?
Old 06-26-23, 04:01 PM
Prowler 

Originally Posted by IBkatherine
What browser and device are you using?
macOS latest Monterey. Safari browser, latest version supported by Monterey.

I can get the actual version numbers if you like. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-26-23, 04:28 PM
IBkatherine
Administrator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Prowler
macOS latest Monterey. Safari browser, latest version supported by Monterey.

I can get the actual version numbers if you like. Thanks for your help.
Can you try to post some photos again? It may be an issue that was related to all of the firefox issues people were experiencing. Tech turned something off to fix all of that, so I want to see if it also fixed your problem. If it still does not work, can you please clear all of your cache for the site?
Old 06-27-23, 07:27 AM
Prowler 

Originally Posted by IBkatherine
Can you try to post some photos again? It may be an issue that was related to all of the firefox issues people were experiencing. Tech turned something off to fix all of that, so I want to see if it also fixed your problem. If it still does not work, can you please clear all of your cache for the site?
You got it. Thanks. I started a test reply and was able to upload 3 photos sequentially. Just like the old days. I deleted the test post but it all looks OK now.
Likes For Prowler: