Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Intermittent Buzzing Sound From Front End

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Intermittent Buzzing Sound From Front End

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-19, 09:01 AM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
Originally Posted by AnkleWork
Shocker. In the end, first-hand experience triumphs over anonymous remote guesswork yet again! [shakes head]
Maybe I am not as cynical as you. The OP helped narrow down the problem with help from the collective. Of course at some point he was going to isolate the problem, it's his hands that touch touch the component that is making the noise.

Why are you on the Mechanics forum if not to give advice to others without actually seeing the bike at hand? Shakes head with total wonderment.
Old 11-11-19, 12:17 PM
WizardOfBoz
Generally bewildered

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 6.9, 1999 LeMond Zurich, 1978 Schwinn Superior

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 251 Posts
Remove the bee.
Old 11-11-19, 12:51 PM
AnkleWork

Bikes: old clunker

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked 105 Times in 83 Posts
Originally Posted by blakcloud
Maybe I am not as cynical as you. The OP helped narrow down the problem with help from the collective. Of course at some point he was going to isolate the problem, it's his hands that touch touch the component that is making the noise.

Why are you on the Mechanics forum if not to give advice to others without actually seeing the bike at hand? Shakes head with total wonderment.
Your desire to see cynicism and to not see the fact that most people default away from first hand experience is the same effect that the OP demonstrated, with very good reason. Clue: human nature.
Old 11-12-19, 01:49 AM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by blakcloud

This Forum has a really neat feature called Ignore List. With it you can add a person to it and thereafter not see their posts unless someone else replies to them.

Cheers
Old 11-12-19, 08:38 AM
Wilfred Laurier
Señor Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 215 Posts
This reminds me of a customer at a shop where I used to work. He wasn't the sharpest bulb in the drawer. He had a similar complaint to OP, but the cause was actually the PowerAde bottle in his cage - the irregular shape of the bottle, and gap between parts of the bottle and the bottle's label, made a significant humming sound. We figured out the problem and showed him that without the PowerAde bottle the noise was not there. He asked: "so can you fix it?"
Likes For Wilfred Laurier: