Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Hybrid bike help

Old 05-27-20, 05:52 AM
FAD_C

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hybrid bike help

Hi guys, I'm looking for a hybrid bike mostly to commute to work. I'm down to these 3 bikes:
Pinnacle Neon 5 2020
Cannondale Quick 2 2020
Specialized Sirrus 3.0 2020

any thoughts would be super helpful guys. I'm not a bike expert
cheers
Old 05-27-20, 06:40 AM
hillyman
WALSTIB

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 384 Times in 183 Posts
During these times I'd go with which one is in stock unless you have black market bike sales connections. Good luck on you search

Old 05-27-20, 06:59 AM
daoswald

Bikes: 2008 Cannondale Synapse -- 2014 Cannondale Quick CX

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 83 Times in 54 Posts
It's hard to find an expert in all three.

I have a Quick CX 3. The Quick 2 (not-CX) is a good bike. The frame is sturdy and versatile, with mount points for fenders and rack. The gearing 50/34 and 11-34 means you have ratios from 1:1 on up, so good for hills. The frame accepts tires up to somewhere around 42mm. The bike will feel agile yet stable. There's no suspension, and I like it that way. I would have preferred the non-suspension Quick too, but on the used market I only found my Quick CX.

The components seem to be Sora level, which is perfectly fine for your needs. On my Quick CX I have a rear rack mounted, and regularly commute with it using one or two panniers. It handles the load of a laptop or panniers full of groceries just fine. And it's still fun to ride.

Anyway, I'd go with the Quick because it's what I know, and I know it's a good bike. But people with experience with the other two bikes may prefer one of the others.

Resist the temptation to go swapping out a bunch of parts like seats and stems until you've given it some time for your body to adjust. People always seem to think they need to upgrade this and that. Just ride to begin with.
Likes For daoswald:
Old 05-27-20, 07:16 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1362 Post(s)
Liked 1,669 Times in 825 Posts
Originally Posted by FAD_C
Hi guys, I'm looking for a hybrid bike mostly to commute to work. I'm down to these 3 bikes:
Pinnacle Neon 5 2020
Cannondale Quick 2 2020
Specialized Sirrus 3.0 2020

any thoughts would be super helpful guys. I'm not a bike expert
cheers
Welcome to bikeforums!
First, let me post a link to the bikes:

https://www.evanscycles.com/pinnacle...-bike-EV339959
https://www.cannondale.com/en-us/bik.../quick/quick-2
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/si...8aAgsvEALw_wcB

These three bikes are very similar. They're all hydrualic-disc brake hybrid bikes of similar geometry. All have alloy frames and carbon forks. The Specialized Sirrus and the Cannondale Quick have Shimano Sora 2x9 gearing and the Pinnacle has SRAM 1x11.

They all seem like they would accommodate easy installation of a rear rack and fenders.

I am no expert on bikes, but with such similar bikes, I would say it comes down to how they feel to you.

Side by side riding comparisons would be best IF POSSIBLE. But if not...you should be happy with any of your choices. If I can be happy commuting with each of my three very different bikes, you should be happy with whichever you choose among three very similar bikes.

Be happy, be safe and be sure to check out the commuting forum here:
https://www.bikeforums.net/commuting/
Likes For BobbyG:
Old 05-28-20, 10:28 AM
deadlocked

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Which one did you end up going with?
Old 05-30-20, 07:03 AM
OldGlory