Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Medici Pro Strada

Old 11-12-19, 04:31 AM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1360 Post(s)
Liked 2,175 Times in 1,180 Posts
Getting better all the time...bike looks great!
Ben
Old 11-12-19, 07:41 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 870 Post(s)
Liked 2,264 Times in 1,268 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
BTW, the Pro-Strada is the same basic graphics and name as used by Confente- the colors are inverted. Mario had yellow fill and a black drop shadow.
Bill Recht can be blamed for that.

What is stamped on the seat binder bolt?
It is funny you ask. I was going to change the plain looking binder bolt
with a Campy one to match the seat post until I noticed in very small lettering “ Medici” . I don’t know if you can see in the pic but it is there and very small font.
Old 11-12-19, 03:57 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,823 Times in 1,709 Posts
Okay, I'm going to amend my initial statement that you "did just fine"; you stole it

That is one seriously-nice bike, with a great set of kit - even, I see, a Medici-branded seat binder bolt. How cool is that? The additional pictures show it's in super condition, too - no issues with the chrome and only the very tiniest of chips to the paint. I know there are some who don't give Medici's much love based upon the sordid history (some of which I find somewhat questionable, particularly when it comes to J. Cunningham's comments, but that's another story...), but there's no denying that they are wonderful riders and are very well-built.

There's a reason mine gets ridden so often: the ride. That's always the bottom line with a bicycle, isn't it?

DD
Old 11-13-19, 11:00 AM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3462 Post(s)
Liked 2,826 Times in 1,994 Posts
Those seat binder bolts were stamped either Medici (sometimes with Rexart opposite) or Confente.
After the... "blow-up" some Medici used the Confente bolts.
Old 11-13-19, 01:04 PM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 870 Post(s)
Liked 2,264 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mine says Rexart. My serial #60 01291. I am guessing it is a 1982? I was really surprised that the bolt was engraved like it was. I nearly missed it and I had an NOS Campy that was going on and as I was cleaning it I saw something and put on my Optivisor to see it! Joe