Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Bepro Favero Power Meter

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Bepro Favero Power Meter

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-16, 09:28 AM
arodr42

Bikes: Caad10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bepro Favero Power Meter

Hello Guys,
I just received the Bepro Power Meter. So far, the only way I could train with power was on Sunday rides borrowing a powertap wheel. I decided to Buy the Bepro Powermeter following the good review Dcrainmaker did of it. It Just arrived Yesterday and the installation took around 10- 15 minutes. It was my first time installing pedals, so I was really cautious. It came with all the tools to install the pedals and they even have a really helpful tutorial on how to install them which i thought was cool. They came with look keo cleats and I installed them on my shoes. I tested them out on my indoor trainer and I was really impressed with how easy it was to get it to work from point A ( Getting box) to point B ( Getting to ride with it). As this is a new power meter and there are not alot of reviews out there compared to other devices, expect in the following weeks to get a review.

Cheers,
Old 07-01-16, 11:15 PM
Ravenwing

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Where did you get yours and how long did it take? Seems like the Bepro always shows back-ordered everywhere I look. I'll be eagerly anticipating your review!
Old 07-03-16, 03:09 PM
arodr42

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ravenwing
Where did you get yours and how long did it take? Seems like the Bepro always shows back-ordered everywhere I look. I'll be eagerly anticipating your review!
I got mine from Wattattack ( https://www.wattattack.com/) They had incredibly well customer service and they would respond on the weekends as well. They seem to be available right now. When I ordered mine the website said they were available but it turned out they were out of stock. I quickly got an email from from them stating that they were out of stock and got offered 2 choices. Get a ful refund or get a 50$ refund and wait for them to ship the P.M. They answered all my questions and got the Power Meter a week and a half later.
Old 07-03-16, 05:47 PM
Ravenwing

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, I'll check them out!
Old 07-24-16, 07:38 PM
arodr42

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ravenwing
Thanks, I'll check them out!
After about 3 weeks of use. I can say I am really pleased with the functionality of the device. I was a bit paranoid putting it through rain but decided to train with it, and it worked perfectly there was still that consistency with my power numbers. A few Problems I can say about it is that in the first few rides, one of the pedals would lose its position ( The pedal has to be aligned with a sticker that is provided in the package) and as a result I would only get half the power for the pedal that remained aligned, but that was easy to fix. A cool feature that I discovered was that I could get Left/Right power data. This was really helpful to me to know at what points in my efforts there was an imbalance in power. Another problem is that it is hard to tell when it is running low on battery. Overall, I get lower watts in my performance when training indoors than compared to outdoors but this seems to be a widespread problem with power in general ( I think). I have switched the Pedals to another bike and the process was quick and easy and have gotten the same Watts I usually do. Overall, I am really having a good experience with training with power consistently for the first time and I can see improvements already.
Old 07-29-16, 10:22 AM
yahoojames

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the left only BePro (since Feb of this year). I have been mostly happy with it. There are occasions when it won't pair up automatically with my Garmin 520. The only solution I found is to remove the PM from the Garmin and re-add.

Has anyone tried using the stock OEM Look Keo cleats yet? I replaced the originals with grey 4.5 degree float.

On two separate occasions on a fast hard sprint under significant load (800-900W), my left pedal has unclipped. Thankfully, I saved it both times, but they could have been disastrous. I did not experience this with the original red Xpedo supplied cleats.
Old 08-01-16, 06:07 AM
arodr42

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I havent had problems with the PM pairing with my Garmin 500. I spin the pedals so that I can calibrate it on every ride. Before moving to the stock cleats, i used the grey cleats for 2 weeks and under sprints it didnt unclip maybe it has to do with tension?
Old 08-11-16, 02:00 PM
arodr42

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update:

About the PM battery. My garmin notified me that the battery was low yesterday. Charged it up and ready to go. Still going strong.
Old 12-02-16, 03:37 PM
LittleG

Bikes: Orbea Starsip Columbus-2003, Parlee Altum-2016, Priority 600-2020

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Any updates on the power meter.

I took the plunge and actually got one off of ebay for a reasonable price of $689 for a new dual-side BePro pedals. I got very lucky with getting this one.