Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Custom Bike Stero

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-03, 10:14 AM
Nofx

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Custom Bike Stero

Looking to make a rack mount or tow behind custom bike party stereo, looking for website on it or just a place where people show off their creations. I have a couple ideas but would love more input. Looking to do a 12 volt battery with a solar power recharge, speakers, and more than likely a small amp, and a large mp3 player....Any input would be much appreciated.

thanks,

Old 07-28-03, 12:12 PM
Luken8r
Rabbit Herder

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you could hook up a regenerative charging system to your wheel to have the bike repower the battery. screw solar power, you be the power
Old 07-28-03, 12:14 PM
Nofx

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
that was my first thought but I am to lazy and to much of a drunk
Old 07-28-03, 12:32 PM
Jonny B
Not-so-Senior Member

Bikes: Orbea Enol roadie, Fly Micromachine BMX, Fort Track fixed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I saw a lowrider a few years ago with a tow-behind stereo made from car stereo components. I don't think it had an integrated charging system though. If I was going to make one, I'd find some small pnuematic wheels, make a box from MDF or plywood with appropriate holes for the speakers and head, fit the battery inside and rig up the wheels inside the box somehow. If you really want to show off, make it out of fibreglass.
Old 09-09-03, 06:58 PM
BikeIowaGuy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
www.BIKEIOWA.com has a bunch of info on Stereo Trailers.

Search for "Stereo" OR "Trailer" to check it all out.

Being the home of RAGBRAI (450+ miles of party biking) This year was the first year I went with a solar panel to charge my batteries.

We have built 15+ trailer/ racks set-ups of all sizes in the past two years. We have spent waaay too much money testing out new speakers, amps etc.

We only use a Pioneer (bullet-proof) TS-TRX40 speaker, and a small 100 watt (cheap) amp, and a small gel celled 12 Volt battery (6-12 amp hours). Get some RCA jack with a male stereo headphone jack, and wa-la plug in any walkman, CD player, MP3, etc.

Depending on the system you want and how far you are willing to carry the darned thing, you can use 1-3 speakers, up to a 250 watt amp and a 12 amp hour battery.

We build the systems more for longevity that bone crushing power. They are loud enough to lead a draft line 20+ long and for every one to hear it, PLUS the system will last 6-12 hours depending on your set-up

The last couple of years, I have foregone the trailer set up and went with a rack setup... Less weight and friction on the ground with the trailer.

Anyways... Look through the RAGBRAI Galleries too for the "follies"!
Old 09-09-03, 07:10 PM
roadfix
hello

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 53 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM MY NEIGHBORHOOD!....