Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Living Car Free
Reload this Page >

Bike trailer delivery

Search
Notices
Living Car Free Do you live car free or car light? Do you prefer to use alternative transportation (bicycles, walking, other human-powered or public transportation) for everyday activities whenever possible? Discuss your lifestyle here.

Bike trailer delivery

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-10, 01:16 PM
velocycling

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike trailer delivery

My wife has started a small business and I do deliveries on Friday by trailer. Her sister gave us her old Burley. I think she only used it a few times. I make a few deliveries on my way to work. Fun times

PS
I f you are low on $$$ ask around to family and friends who have kids around 5-7. One of them may just give you one just to free up the space.
Old 05-25-10, 05:54 PM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Good idea to check with people you know. I would also check on freecycle. These kiddie trailers are useless to many people once the kids get too big for them. And if they only used them a few times a year, they should be in pretty good condition.

One time I needed a vacuum cleaner and I didn't have much money. I put a sign up on the bulletin board at work, and somebody sold me their beautiful vacuum for $2.00. They didn't want it but they couldn't bring themselves to throw it out.

"Think Outside the Cage"
Old 05-26-10, 11:42 AM
AdamDZ
Bike addict, dreamer

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've seen kids trailers on Craigslist for like $40. Some of them can be converted to a cargo trailer with a little cutting and drilling. There was actually a post on BF with pictures from someone who did that. I may pick up one later this year and play around with it. I want to start going shopping by bike.
Old 05-26-10, 02:19 PM
bmclaughlin807
Crankenstein

Bikes: Novara Randonee (TankerBelle)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AdamDZ
I've seen kids trailers on Craigslist for like $40. Some of them can be converted to a cargo trailer with a little cutting and drilling. There was actually a post on BF with pictures from someone who did that. I may pick up one later this year and play around with it. I want to start going shopping by bike.
Most of them can be converted with no tools necessary... I simply removed the seat (Suspended by straps and buckles) and then used rope to weave a floor under the canvas one... I hauled a LOT of stuff around in that trailer, including two labradors!
"There is no greater wonder than the way the face and character of a woman fit so perfectly in a man's mind, and stay there, and he could never tell you why. It just seems it was the thing he most wanted." Robert Louis Stevenson
Old 05-26-10, 04:25 PM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by bmclaughlin807
Most of them can be converted with no tools necessary... I simply removed the seat (Suspended by straps and buckles) and then used rope to weave a floor under the canvas one... I hauled a LOT of stuff around in that trailer, including two labradors!
weaving was a very ingenious solution!

"Think Outside the Cage"
Old 05-26-10, 06:08 PM
AdamDZ
Bike addict, dreamer

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yup, that's a great solution! In the posts I saw before people would use wood or aluminum that had to be fastened somehow.