Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Generic Road bike carbon frame from Ebay.

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Generic Road bike carbon frame from Ebay.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-10, 03:56 PM
tagaproject6

Bikes: Wilier Izoard XP (Record);Cinelli Xperience (Force);Specialized Allez (Rival);Bianchi Via Nirone 7 (Centaur); Colnago AC-R Disc;Colnago V1r Limited Edition;De Rosa King 3 Limited(Force 22);DeRosa Merak(Red):Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Hydro(Di2)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 145 Posts
People who buy these frames are not really keen on resale value, they know what they are getting into when making the decision. If you are one of those that worry about such things, and the likelihood of "the frame will likely be miserable" attitude towards an unseen product, then you most likely will not buy at all.

Take a step back and get the information you need. Weigh all the pros and cons, then decide whether or not you can live with those attributes and act accordingly.

Basing your decision on someone else's perceived lack of value from those that do not have first hand experience is foolhardy.
Old 11-22-10, 04:22 PM
jasandalb
C3 H6 O3 ACID

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I saw a guy listing his no namer on CL here for $2500... he didnt list it as a no name frame either, he called it something weird. You could definitely tell what it was. He had ultegra components on it and a nice set of easton...but that was about it. I got a chuckle out of it.

If and when I buy my frame, I darn sure wont be buying it to flip it for profit.
Old 11-22-10, 04:30 PM
Cowboy905
total Newbie

Bikes: 2009 Look 566 Ultegra

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Henry III
I must say your post is useless. PERIOD. You didn't post anything useful to this thread jackwad.
Here she is. Decals I had made up but not sure I dig them.
front forks remind me of Pinarello
Old 11-22-10, 04:51 PM
BrainInAJar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackdays
most (I could be wrong) don't come with warranties.
They do, in that they're so cheap you can buy two and keep one as a backup, and still save thousands of dollars
Old 11-22-10, 04:55 PM
ptle

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by intence
Once you factor in shipping, fork, headset, and the fact that resale on the frame will likely be miserable, I feel you're better off looking for deals on a "brand name" frame on eBay (preferably new).
I don't think the resale value would be bad because the actual pricing of the frame and fork are so cheap. If I were to list my bike on craigslist, I'm sure someone would pay good money just because the frame is carbon and light. However, I bought this bike without expecting to ever sell it.
Old 11-22-10, 08:46 PM
Henry III
is just a real cool dude

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jasandalb
Is that a carbon seat like our asian friends bundle sometimes with their frames?

How do you ride with that seat?
Maybe its me...but the padding in my shorts alone isnt enough to keep me comfortable, my seat needs at least some padding.
Surprisingly the saddle isn't that bad. I used a old pair of C'dale padded undies and not shorts for my ride to work. It's just got a shammie in it and it suits me fine. When I purchased my saddle it was separately from the frame. I bought the saddle, bars and stem all from the same seller and it ran me 150 shipped. I think there's like 2-3 different unbranded carbon saddles on ebay. I just picked out the cheapest lightest one so I wouldn't be out all that much in case I didn't like it.
As for the Centaur kit. It's my first time ever running Campy so it's hard to say. I'm happy with it as my other bike('08 Giant OCR1)running 105. The thumb button will take a little getting used to. It seems more defined shifting into gears with a nice solid click.
The wheels are awesome and couldn't be happier. I was super close to getting into the group buy on the carbon wheelsets but with the previous issues and hassles I held out. Then I debated on buying a wheelset from Neuvation as their extremely cheap and lightweight but found these on ebay and give him a offer of $220($30 shipping) and he bit. They came in the original box and looked like I didn't even use them they were so nice and spotless.