Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Great Lakes
Reload this Page >

Trek FX 3 Disc Medium - Too small for rider

Search
Notices
Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-23, 08:52 AM
harrychadwick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, Folks! Slight problem... I ordered a Trek FX 3 Disc, Color: Alpine Blue to Deep Dark Blue Fade, Size: Medium last year. And its too small.... It has very, very few miles on it . Wondering what the chances are that someone else bought one that has proven to be too big?

Barring a straight out swap, and suggestions on how I can fix this...without selling a nearly new, perfect condition bike - at a huge discount - and then buying a new one at today's retail process?

Your help would be very much appreciated!
Old 10-13-23, 01:08 PM
TC1

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 84 Posts
First off, there are better forums in which to ask this question. The Great Lakes regional forum is quiet, and not many people will see this post.

That said, how much too small do you think that frame is? There is very little actual difference between a medium FX3 and even an extra-large -- only 10mm of additional reach and 50mm of stack ( note that I skipped over the large size, here ). In comparison, your seat post typically has about 200mm of travel, your saddle has around 30mm of travel, and stems are available with about 100mm of range. Unless you really need an XXL frame, you can make the medium that you have fit just by adjusting it, and maybe buying a new stem.