Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 or CAAD13 105

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 or CAAD13 105

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-23, 06:28 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,437 Times in 2,763 Posts
Sounds like some kid's daydream. "Yeah, they didn't have the bike I wanted so I bought two, swapped stuff around, sold one and got the other for free...."
Old 05-07-23, 03:15 PM
A01082919

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Hey friends, damn this thread is still going strong haha.

Alright, so I got to try the Synapse, its a way better bike than the Optimo, faster, lighter, looks cooler etc.

The switch to Shimano 105 is the play, Tiagra “works” but it’s not great. On the road after stopping, I would be stuck trying to start my bike since the shifting sucks. On Shimano 105, I can slip on my shoe and quickly switch gears which is nice.

the Disc brakes compared to rim breakers was another huge difference. I felt safer and just more comfortable knowing that I can brake any time I wanted.

The 30mm wheels were nice to have, sure I lost speed and areo, but I feel like I’m driving a tank since I can go off road a bit without worrying about losing traction.

the Synapse is reliable, safe and does it’s job as a all round bine quite well, definitely a jack of all trades. I was a disappointed how it wasn’t as light or areo like how I initially wanted. But seeing all the perks above, I can live with it. It’s given me all the functions I ever wanted from a bike, while still looking very sporty and it goes fast if I need it to. Definitely it won’t be the bike holding me back.