Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

JensonUSA

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-19, 08:43 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
Originally Posted by mynewnchome
Sorry I wasted your time.
Put him on ignore. You will enjoy it here more. He does this to everyone "new."
Old 01-11-19, 09:56 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10954 Post(s)
Liked 7,482 Times in 4,184 Posts
Wow.....ok, I get it. It's better to be an observer here than a participant. Once again, I apologize if I wasted anyone's time trying to ask a question. Lesson learned.

For those that provide constructive replies, thank you.

BTW.....anyone know the forecast for the weekend?
Well played on the forecast. Dont be an observer though, thats a pretty extreme take away from this.
Old 01-11-19, 12:27 PM
no motor?
Unlisted member

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Liked 432 Times in 297 Posts
Sorry I wasted your time.
I've learned a lot here in the years I've been using this site, and I still am hesitant to ask some questions due to the responses I know I'm going to get. But I keep coming back because it's better than not, and still learn something worthwihile. And where to shop after Performance and Nashbar close was something I've been wondering about, thanks for starting the discussion.
Old 01-11-19, 12:31 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked 1,433 Times in 815 Posts
Good

Jensen.com has become go to for me, selection and price good. When a backorder came in, I was notified and 2 days later it arrived via priority mail. Very good!
Old 01-11-19, 01:30 PM
mynewnchome

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD8 Raleigh Revenio 1.0

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott
Put him on ignore. You will enjoy it here more. He does this to everyone "new."
New by post count I guess, think I joined back in 2012.
Old 12-05-19, 08:46 PM
Brian Chapman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I've used Jenson USA for 2 or 3 years without problem until today, when we had the very first issue. I ordered Pearl Izumi biking tights. The online sizing chart suggested I should order a small size, but based on experience I ordered a medium (I'm 150 lbs and 31" waist). The product delivered is marked "M", but is VERY small. My 98 lb wife can fit them ok, but certainly not me. Jenson will accept their return, but will charge me the $9 return charge. That's even when I argued on the phone with their representative - the tights are falsely described online, or my product is misdescribed or mismade; Jenson is apparently unwilling to consider such circumstances.

I'm never going to order from Jenson again. Please join me in my boycott.
Old 12-05-19, 09:28 PM
molten

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jenson has something I want. I ordered it and then had them cancel the order due to it not being in stock and not having any idea when it would be in stock. I just checked the website and it says the item will be available on 1/25/2019. It's still the same price as when I ordered it.

My question is this: How long does Jenson usually honor their discount codes. The item has a 15% off code right now.

Trying to decide if I should just order it and wait or if I should wait to see if it's actually in stock on that date? Just don't want to miss the extra 15% off code.'

Never bought from them, anyone have any experience?
YES: of who has worked in pasttime there >>> Lee B. of customer service A longtime contact I had there, whom could not find a similarity to anywhere. (*) sales knowledge, (*) product knowledge Who did for me what others would not do.
Old 12-05-19, 10:32 PM
Bryan C. 
nothing to see here

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian Chapman
I've used Jenson USA for 2 or 3 years without problem until today, when we had the very first issue. I ordered Pearl Izumi biking tights. The online sizing chart suggested I should order a small size, but based on experience I ordered a medium (I'm 150 lbs and 31" waist). The product delivered is marked "M", but is VERY small. My 98 lb wife can fit them ok, but certainly not me. Jenson will accept their return, but will charge me the $9 return charge. That's even when I argued on the phone with their representative - the tights are falsely described online, or my product is misdescribed or mismade; Jenson is apparently unwilling to consider such circumstances.

No thanks. Jensen USA has provided excellent customer service to me over the last few years. Including quickly and easily handling a warranty claim for some knee pads I bought through them. I have 20+ orders and have had only 1 problem with them and it was 100% the shipping carrier's fault. They resent my order without issue and only a minor delay.

Personally I only buy clothing from the internet that I have tried on before or am comfortable with the sizing from the brand.
Old 12-06-19, 06:18 AM
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2134 Post(s)
Liked 1,644 Times in 826 Posts

I have used Jenson extensively in the past and will continue to. I am certainly not going to boycott them because an irate customer didn't read the terms of their return policy and is losing his mind over 9 bucks. You are not going to accomplish what you want to by going to cycling sites, searching "Jenson" and running the company down. You are going to come off as petty.

You have to understand that ordering clothing online is an iffy proposition. Fitting online certainly isn't an exacting process. People are built differently, too tight to you is not tight enough to someone else. It costs company money to ship an item out then return it to stock. They may not be able to see it as new now, but I don't know that. As consumers we can go to our LBS and see if anything in their comparatively limited inventory will work, or we can do our homework, order online and accept the various vendors return policies when we end up with something that doesn't fit the way we want it to.
Likes For Paul Barnard:
Old 12-06-19, 07:34 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3658 Post(s)
Liked 5,404 Times in 2,744 Posts
Jenson will accept their return, but will charge me the $9 return charge.
This is incorrect. You are confusing shipping with a return fee. Jenson does not charge a return fee. The $9 is shipping, if you use their service. You can return the item via any other method if you find a lower cost. Aside from that, PI sizing is pretty generous. Maybe you ordered Women's tights or enjoyed too much Thanksgiving.
Old 12-06-19, 04:44 PM
restlessswind

Bikes: 2017 Surly Cross-Check. 2020 Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0, 2002 GT Dyno Roadster, 2002 Rans Stratus, 2020 Giant Fathom 2, 2011 Trek Pure Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 62 Posts
Jenson just sold an item as described. Not going to boycott if you didn't like what they sent you. Your beef should be with the manufacturer.
Old 12-06-19, 05:00 PM
TheDudeIsHere

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 161 Posts
I tend to avoid Jenson USA. I ordered a rim to build a wheel seeing the site says it was in stock. I ordered it then was told I had to wait several days.. I don't deal well with the inconsistencies when I need something.
Old 12-06-19, 08:31 PM
Ghazmh

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease, 2020 Seven Evergreen, 2019 Honey Allroads Ti, 2018 Seven Redsky XX, 2017 Trek Boon 7, 2014 Trek 520

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 487 Posts
I prefer to support my LBS but when Jenson had the current Shimano XTR pedals and Ultegra pedals on sale at 50% off a few months back it was a no brainer........

sorry but I’m not joining your boycott.
Old 12-07-19, 02:43 AM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts

regardless of where I order clothing from. I generally will always hit every website for the reviews and fit of said clothing item I want to order.

and after all that, if I am still unsure. I'll order from the website that clearly offers free exchanges.

I can't join your boycott!
Old 12-07-19, 06:30 AM
Kars 

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Ok

I have been buying from Jensen for years . Decent service but pricing for some items is good and for others a little high when compared to chain reaction site. I get annoyed though that frequently items on their site are out of stock and then I decide to go somewhere else like chain reaction who also has that issue as well. Competitive Cyclist is also pretty good.
Old 12-07-19, 10:54 AM
The Clumsy Oaf

Bikes: Giant Defy Advanced 2, Landyachtz Spitfire SS

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the tights are falsely described online, or my product is misdescribed or mismade; Jenson is apparently unwilling to consider such circumstances.

He's just mad because they're calling him fat.
Old 12-07-19, 10:56 AM
Nachoman
well hello there

Bikes: Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Fuji Roubaix Pro (back-up), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 206 Posts
I
Please join me in my boycott.
I'm afraid I must boycott your boycott.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Likes For Nachoman:
Old 12-07-19, 01:29 PM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts

Today is international bike shop day.

So feel free to visit your LBS
Likes For Metieval:
Old 12-07-19, 02:12 PM
bargo68 
Dedicated Detritus Dodger

Bikes: Some mighty fine ones at that!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked 603 Times in 247 Posts
I like Jenson. If it's Wednesday and I think of a few parts I need for a build I want to do on Saturday, any order over 50 will make it to me by Friday for free. Their prices are very competitive and the only time I had to call them was when I needed to add some pedals onto an already placed online order and the sales rep gave me a discount on some large Crank Brothers Stamps.
I would love to be able to get everything I need from my LBS/coop, but if I can get it when I want it for 10-25% less, it's hard to justify supporting a brick and mortar that caters mostly to rich people buying high zoot race/MTB gear.
Old 12-08-19, 08:41 AM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,438 Times in 988 Posts
I haven't had any problems with JensenUSA, and I've been ordering from them for quite a few years. I don't order clothes on line (too much variation in sizing between different brands/manufacturers), but all the hard goods I have ordered have been great and as-advertised.
Old 12-08-19, 10:03 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 540 Posts
Sorry, this is laughable. You order clothing that does not fit as expected and you want us to join in on a boycott of a vendor? The internet is flooded with people like you giving negative reviews because a product was a different color than how it looked on your screen when you bought it. People will knock a vendor down because the carton wasn't sealed. These trivial grievences seem to go on and on, and why they disturbed someone so much is beyond belief. When I buy a light bulb at the local big box store and it says "warm", and once installed it does not fit my expectations I don't blast the store. I put it back in the box and I return it for another brand.
Likes For TakingMyTime:
Old 12-08-19, 12:37 PM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts

So you want to boycott every online company that does not have a free-returns policy?

Sorry, you are on your own, there.
Old 12-08-19, 12:54 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked 1,433 Times in 815 Posts
Originally Posted by Nachoman
I'm afraid I must boycott your boycott.
Ditto on that. I am not willing to sacrifice my use one of the better suppliers available because someone else had an isolated issue. If a size one ordered does not fit, that is on the manufacturer, not the retailer. If that has not happened to you before, you must not do much shopping via the internet. Indeed, fit issues is the reason many people decline ordering apparel online.
Likes For delbiker1:
Old 12-08-19, 12:57 PM
2seven0

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 235 Times in 101 Posts
I've also ordered from Jenson many times. The one time they shipped the wrong item I called & they immediately emailed me a return label (on them). One time I returned an item I ordered for my wife- long story short we changed our minds & didn't want it so I paid for return shipping.
Very satisfied dealing with them.
West
Old 12-09-19, 01:12 AM
downhillmaster

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 776 Times in 402 Posts
Wow.....ok, I get it. It's better to be an observer here than a participant. Once again, I apologize if I wasted anyone's time trying to ask a question. Lesson learned.

For those that provide constructive replies, thank you.

BTW.....anyone know the forecast for the weekend?
If by ‘here’ you mean the entire internet, yes, you are better to just be an observer if you don’t like snappy answers to silly questions