Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Cambio Rino Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-10, 10:16 AM
5cagm

Bikes: 1984 Nishiki Landau, 1991 Merlin Titanium, 199? Lotto MBK Team

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cambio Rino Special Edition

This bike is on my local craigslist and was wondering if you thought this was a fair deal. It's also kind of to let anyone from Toronto know that it's up because although beautiful I don't really have the money to throw at this bike at the moment

Cambio Rino special edition columbus tubing - $360 (Toronto)

Columbus SL frame tubing
Frame size: 55cm
Front derailleur Rino gold anodized
Rear derailleur Rino gold anodized
Crankset Rino gold anodized
Shifters: Rino gold anodized
Seatpost: Rino
Stem: Rino
Handlebar:Starling - made in italy
Seat: Iscaselle leather seat
hubs: Rino
rims : Ambrosio rims
Pedals Rino
Pedal cages Rino
Calipers: Modolo Speedy
brake levers: Modolo Speedy
Bottle cage and Bottle: Rino

Another beatiful and completely original Cambio Rino purchased from the son of Joe Gardin 20 years ago.

Gorgeous Italian bike. ready to go!

Old 02-16-10, 10:28 AM
jet sanchEz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked 850 Times in 386 Posts
I think that was purchased out in St. Catherines for $200 or so, I cannot recall exactly the price but I know it was listed on the Kijiji recently.

The big blue one without tires that the same seller has on CL was definitely purchased for about $100 out near Guelph; the original seller had it listed for weeks at $150 so I am sure he was talk-downable...
Old 02-16-10, 10:39 AM
5cagm

Bikes: 1984 Nishiki Landau, 1991 Merlin Titanium, 199? Lotto MBK Team

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Figures haha,
More and more flippers seem to be going to outlying areas of the GTA to try and get a deal and then inflate the price by bringing the bikes into the city. I'm sure it's a profitable endeavour and to be honest if they're willing to drive around Southern Ontario to squeeze out a few extra dollars then go for it
Old 02-16-10, 10:48 AM
jet sanchEz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked 850 Times in 386 Posts
I drove to Kitchener for my Battaglin and out to Mississauga for my Benotto so yeah, it sucks but the Toronto CL has some really crappy prices lately.

That said, I think that the Cambio that you have shown in your OP is a nice bike and that $360 is a pretty good price. I think that this bike is being sold by the guy who calls himself Cam; I bought a saddle from him a few weeks ago for a very good price and we chatted a bit about bikes and he is a very nice guy. I have seen a lot of his listings and I think he is the only flipper on the Toronto CL who has reasonable prices. He also seems to know when an item is priced too high and changes the price. That C-dale frame/fork for $100 is a good deal and he originally listed it at $150 or so a few weeks ago. Unlike that guy who has been trying to sell that badly beat-up Marninoni frame/fork for years now and will not change his price of $250.