Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Fuji 450 SE

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-20, 03:17 PM
Guyatwork37

Bikes: Specialized Allez 3Rensho, Spcialized Roubaix Expert, Kona Fire Mountain

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Fuji 450 SE

I recently acquired this Fuji 450 SE and I'm unfamiliar with this type of bike. It has different sizes front and rear tires and is fairly small (meant for a woman I assume). Suntour le pree components, Sugino crankset, Dia Compe brakes, and Suntour dropouts. Can someone help me identify the year? What's the value of this thing. It might be worth nothing, but it's just so different from what I'm accustomed to seeing I thought I would check. Thanks!

Last edited by Guyatwork37; 12-08-20 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-08-20, 03:51 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
I believe this is a 1986 model. The serial number will provide confirmation.

These were intended for very short riders, which were usually women. The smaller front wheel allowed for a lower and shorter top tube. The problem was that you had to carry two different sizes of spares.

These are difficult to price, as the demand is usually very low. FWIW, original MSRP was $359 US.
Likes For T-Mar:
Old 12-19-20, 08:45 PM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
Originally Posted by Guyatwork37
I recently acquired this Fuji 450 SE and I'm unfamiliar with this type of bike. It has different sizes front and rear tires and is fairly small (meant for a woman I assume). Suntour le pree components, Sugino crankset, Dia Compe brakes, and Suntour dropouts. Can someone help me identify the year? What's the value of this thing. It might be worth nothing, but it's just so different from what I'm accustomed to seeing I thought I would check. Thanks!

That's an old "Made in Japan" Valite frame Fuji. Ishiwata frame. Suntour drivetrain. Some of the finest bikes ever produced on planet Earth. (Japan was into copying the expensive Italian bikes back then). Put new tires on it & ride it. It will last longer than anything else you've ever owned. Forever. That's it. That's all. Done deal. Be good. Have fun.
Old 12-20-20, 06:22 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2926 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by Guyatwork37

Neat little bike. As noted these "Terry Style" bikes were marketed to petite women but Georgian Terry's company built women's specific geometry bikes for women of all sizes, https://georgenaterry.com/my-story/

Almost every company made one or two models, but you seldom sold one. This bike started life as a regular "10 Speed" but someone added those bars and that awful stem to get a bit too much of an upright sitting position.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 04-18-21, 08:15 PM
Maizland

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
where can I find the 24 inch front tire for my bike. I live in California, USA