Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

cant find full spec 2010 Shimano Adventurer Folding Bike 12 speed

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Old 03-25-21, 06:42 PM
first trip

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

hi
i have this bike , i search a web page with its complete spec including weight. my is red and black

do someone know where to find it ? tx
Old 03-25-21, 10:49 PM
Joe Remi

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 74 Posts
You need a brand name for the bike, Shimano is a decal referring to parts on it. It's either Adventurer - which I've never heard of - or that's the model name and you need to know which brand produced it.
Old 03-26-21, 01:24 AM
Geepig

Bikes: Romet Jubilat x 4, Wigry x 1, Turing x 1

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked 204 Times in 151 Posts
What kind of specs do you want? You mention weight, but you can find that out yourself with a set of bathroom scales (weight yourself, pick up the bike, subtract your weight from the latter...).

If it has Shimano parts on it then you can find the specs for those because you know the year, so all you have to do is compare what is on your bike and what Shimano lists on their sites.

I have not found any specs for my bikes, and do not expect to as most were made in Eastern Europe during the period of transition from Communism - which was just before the Internet, and by the time the Internet took off people wanted more modern bikes and hence were not interested in transcribing records. So I solve things as I go along, like finding a Russian language video that showed how to strip and rebuild my coaster brake hubs.
Old 03-26-21, 08:47 PM
first trip

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Remi
You need a brand name for the bike, Shimano is a decal referring to parts on it. It's either Adventurer - which I've never heard of - or that's the model name and you need to know which brand produced it.
hi
i dont have a scale ...
i dont know about the brand all i see is adventurer. but here is s picture of a similar bike same colors mine is 12 speed.
Old 03-27-21, 07:18 AM
rhenning

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 80 Posts
I do not see a picture. Roger
Old 03-29-21, 06:12 AM
Geepig

Do you mean something like this Adventurer?

Looks a very trad style, a bit like mine but with much, much more modern equipment
Old 03-30-21, 09:21 AM
Pinigis 

Bikes: Origami Gazelle, Origami Crane 8, Origami Cricket 7

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked 405 Times in 241 Posts
“Adventurer” is Camping World’s store brand
Old 03-30-21, 09:27 PM
first trip

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Geepig
Do you mean something like this Adventurer?

Looks a very trad style, a bit like mine but with much, much more modern equipment
yes exactly

spec especially weight
Old 04-07-21, 06:18 PM
first trip

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
so anyone has been able to find spec for this bike? strange that it is so a hard since it seem popular...
Old 04-07-21, 08:27 PM
Schwinnsta
Schwinnasaur

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 121 Posts
This? 44 pounds. that's heavy.
Old 04-08-21, 06:59 AM
Geepig

Originally Posted by first trip
so anyone has been able to find spec for this bike? strange that it is so a hard since it seem popular...
The question is popular with whom?

For example, chainstore bikes are often bought, ridden and disposed of, with a little maintenance on the way. Unless you happen to live in the country of manufacture, the little information offered by the chainstores is all that might be available.

If you wanted to know something about Romet folding bikes, made in Poland, then my Tigger and Blue thread here is one of the most complete resources available on the net in EN
Old 04-08-21, 07:55 PM
first trip

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Schwinnsta
This? 44 pounds. that's heavy.
it has some similarities but not exact the same.
Old 10-04-23, 08:19 PM
first trip

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
hi im back.
i want to know what material is the bike.
i would like to add a motor that allows to help me CLIMB HILLS and give negligeable resistance when i am not using the bike.
what voltage? hum i guess at the moment i look at 24 volts.
front motor seems like less work since with rear you have to sometime modify the gears. is there advantage to putting it on rear instead of front?
anyone knows the 2 drop out of this bike please thank

welcome to any advice comment or experience sharing tx
Old 10-04-23, 11:41 PM
Jipe

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 247 Times in 211 Posts
I guess its steel.

But to be sure, take a magnet, if the frame attract the magnet = steel, if not = aluminum (no chance that such a bike could be made of stainless steel or titanium).
Old 10-05-23, 08:54 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 841 Times in 586 Posts
hi im back.
i want to know what material is the bike.
i would like to add a motor that allows to help me CLIMB HILLS and give negligeable resistance when i am not using the bike.
what voltage? hum i guess at the moment i look at 24 volts.
front motor seems like less work since with rear you have to sometime modify the gears. is there advantage to putting it on rear instead of front?
anyone knows the 2 drop out of this bike please thank

welcome to any advice comment or experience sharing tx
Stop wasting everyone's time and post a picture of the bike. It helps us know exactly what bike you're talking about.
Old 10-05-23, 10:14 PM
first trip

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
it is right here https://www.shoppok.com/denver/a,28,...-lakewood-.htm
Old 10-09-23, 05:05 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4331 Post(s)
Liked 3,955 Times in 2,644 Posts
Tern makes lovely electric folding bikes. I wouldn't put a dime into that bike, it was probably a very very expensive hunk of hi-ten or aluminum at a big box store somewhere it is basically a folding bike version of a Huffy or Magna.
Old 10-10-23, 08:02 PM
first trip

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Tern makes lovely electric folding bikes. I wouldn't put a dime into that bike, it was probably a very very expensive hunk of hi-ten or aluminum at a big box store somewhere it is basically a folding bike version of a Huffy or Magna.
they are nice the tern but 4 to 8k is not my budjet.

anyone knows folding bikes that have cruiser style handle bar
Old 10-10-23, 08:26 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

they are nice the tern but 4 to 8k is not my budjet.

anyone knows folding bikes that have cruiser style handle bar
If you want a good reliable well supported bike, up the budget if you want something just initially cheap there are at least tons of mediocre folders that are set up electric, they may not have much in the way of quality and support but will be better than the current item.

You can swap handlebars on a lot of bikes but generally a folding bike is not going to have a cruiser bar because they are massively wide and heavy and not really practical for a folder but they do make electric cruisers for instance Electra makes one and it is nothing good but it is of typical cruiser quality.
Old 10-10-23, 08:44 PM
first trip

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
If you want a good reliable well supported bike, up the budget if you want something just initially cheap there are at least tons of mediocre folders that are set up electric, they may not have much in the way of quality and support but will be better than the current item.

You can swap handlebars on a lot of bikes but generally a folding bike is not going to have a cruiser bar because they are massively wide and heavy and not really practical for a folder but they do make electric cruisers for instance Electra makes one and it is nothing good but it is of typical cruiser quality.
do you have the link for the electra, cant find it ..
Also is there a way to change the handle bar on the adventurer?
Old 10-11-23, 07:18 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

do you have the link for the electra, cant find it ..
Also is there a way to change the handle bar on the adventurer?
A simple google search pulled it up for me:
https://electra.trekbikes.com/us/en_...er-go/c/EB240/
However again I will not it isn't a good bike but it is an electric cruiser bike that at least hopefully has some support from Trek. The Navigator and Ghostrider Go! are Bosch equipped so the e-bike components will be of well supported quality. The rest of those two bikes are cheaper components but probably mediocre but enough for a less ridden cruiser.

I wouldn't put anything towards that bike, ride it as is, if safe to ride (I wouldn't personally but I don't trust the idea of a box store folding bike as I have seen enough bad stuff from fully rigid non-folding bikes from them) There isn't any point to a cruiser bar on a folding bike, it is way too wide, generally super heavy and not a good position. You can find cheap-o cruisers of the same or better quality (which I would recommend if you need a cruiser) which will have the geometry for bars like that.
Old 10-14-23, 03:58 PM
first trip

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
A simple google search pulled it up for me:
https://electra.trekbikes.com/us/en_...er-go/c/EB240/
However again I will not it isn't a good bike but it is an electric cruiser bike that at least hopefully has some support from Trek. The Navigator and Ghostrider Go! are Bosch equipped so the e-bike components will be of well supported quality. The rest of those two bikes are cheaper components but probably mediocre but enough for a less ridden cruiser.

I wouldn't put anything towards that bike, ride it as is, if safe to ride (I wouldn't personally but I don't trust the idea of a box store folding bike as I have seen enough bad stuff from fully rigid non-folding bikes from them) There isn't any point to a cruiser bar on a folding bike, it is way too wide, generally super heavy and not a good position. You can find cheap-o cruisers of the same or better quality (which I would recommend if you need a cruiser) which will have the geometry for bars like that.
---------------

hi the cruiser handle bar is for a more ergonomic ride like having the chest almost vertical ( higher handle bar plus the place to place your hands are almost parallel to the bike is what i search for. maybe there is other type of bars that offer that you tell me

what is the image you send?
would you have anylink of what you call a cheapo folding bike with a cruiser bar or
Old 10-14-23, 05:07 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

---------------

hi the cruiser handle bar is for a more ergonomic ride like having the chest almost vertical ( higher handle bar plus the place to place your hands are almost parallel to the bike is what i search for. maybe there is other type of bars that offer that you tell me

what is the image you send?
would you have anylink of what you call a cheapo folding bike with a cruiser bar or
It was a link to the bike I had mentioned.

There is no folding bikes with cruiser bars they don't exist for the same reasons I have stated. They are wide, clunky, heavy and not useful for something compact. They are fine for very occasional riding at the beach.

If you are having fit issues a folding bike is not going to help you at all it might be worse as folding bikes are generally short distance bikes designed for carrying with you on boats, planes, trains, and buses where space is at a premium and carrying a full size bike is not possible or practical. If I am using it for my daily driver just from home to say the store that is probably the wrong bike entirely but if I were going from say the train station to my hotel and maybe my hotel to the local grocery store or something like that it is perfect.

However there are people who tour on their folders and do all sorts of crazy stuff but if you have fit issues then get a full size bike that fits and maybe see a fitter first for some recommendations.
Old 10-14-23, 05:36 PM
first trip

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
It was a link to the bike I had mentioned.

There is no folding bikes with cruiser bars they don't exist for the same reasons I have stated. They are wide, clunky, heavy and not useful for something compact. They are fine for very occasional riding at the beach.

If you are having fit issues a folding bike is not going to help you at all it might be worse as folding bikes are generally short distance bikes designed for carrying with you on boats, planes, trains, and buses where space is at a premium and carrying a full size bike is not possible or practical. If I am using it for my daily driver just from home to say the store that is probably the wrong bike entirely but if I were going from say the train station to my hotel and maybe my hotel to the local grocery store or something like that it is perfect.

However there are people who tour on their folders and do all sorts of crazy stuff but if you have fit issues then get a full size bike that fits and maybe see a fitter first for some recommendations.
the electra link brings to their web side but i dont see the forlding cruiser bike where would it be?
Old 10-14-23, 05:39 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

the electra link brings to their web side but i dont see the forlding cruiser bike where would it be?
Because it is not what I was trying to show you, they don't make a folding cruiser I was showing you a low cost electric cruiser which is probably more practical for what you might need.

Ditch the folding unless you are regularly on planes, trains, boats and buses or you really need it to fold for daily USAGE (not storage) or get rid of the notion of a folding cruiser.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.