Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

What is my used bicycle worth? Your opinion thread.

Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

What is my used bicycle worth? Your opinion thread.

Old 04-02-17, 08:08 AM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked 1,144 Times in 869 Posts
Originally Posted by theknightisfree
I'll give you $120.
>>>>>>>>
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (10.5 KB, 107 views)
Old 04-04-17, 05:52 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4252 Post(s)
Liked 3,865 Times in 2,578 Posts
Originally Posted by Zoroman
Don't forget, if you build a golf course that is so so green it offsets any dirtiness in the clean coal. But knee injuries from bike riding really is addressed with running, especially running down hill! Cleanest of clean coal! Yes! And your post about the dirty ground is the real problem is spot on. You have a job opportunity in this current administration. !
Of course golf courses are the greenest. Running is probably the best way to exercise up and down staircases with ankle weights if you can find some good heavy ones, it really helps keep your entire legs in tip top shape for everything. Thanks, friend.
Old 04-04-17, 06:07 PM
Zoroman

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Of course golf courses are the greenest. Running is probably the best way to exercise up and down staircases with ankle weights if you can find some good heavy ones, it really helps keep your entire legs in tip top shape for everything. Thanks, friend.
OH my God, so true. And strapping bottles of Round Up to a waist belt as you go up and down flights of stairs with ankle weights then go out to your green, green lawn and SPRAY Round Up on everything is not only Cornell University certified clean and green but it will make you stronger against ticks and weeds!And it will help you heal faster, so much faster from severe injuries from peddling your bicycle. Plus diesel extra long cabin is best way to offset pollution of riding a bike. Think of all that energy wasted in making bike frames! And spokes, Lordy, spokes are energy hogs!
Old 04-05-17, 11:31 AM
Philasteve

Bikes: Surly CreamRoller. 98 Giant Rincon. SE UVT

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Leukybear
Mehhh at $200, I say you overpaid considering how the SS/FG resale market has essentially crashed.
The vast majority of the gear on it is run of the mill. The only thing going for it is frameset.

That saddle is not worth $60 used. The rolls is the least popular of the heritage italian saddles.

Vintage 80's Schwinn Madisons are actually very common.
Kid you not, I've actually seen more vintage ones in the wild than new.

At the end of the day, just ride it.
Sounds about right in a way, my local CL used to have so many nice bikes you could get for a pretty good deal. Now there's probably a few nice ones every time I look if I'm lucky and 1/3rd the volume in general in terms of used bikes.
Old 04-06-17, 05:55 PM
chaimonster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not my bike but one I am looking to pick up:

Is $450 a good deal for a 2013 Raleigh Rush Hour with:

Bontrager Race-Lite VR handlebars
Thompson Seat Post
S-Works Toupe Carbon Saddle
Deep-V wheels with sealed bearings
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
raleigh rush hour.jpg (90.6 KB, 59 views)
Old 04-07-17, 01:17 PM
chaimonster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bump!
Old 04-07-17, 07:35 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4252 Post(s)
Liked 3,865 Times in 2,578 Posts
Originally Posted by chaimonster
bump!
Don't bump unless you really don't get much within a longer period of time, waiting a day or so isn't much time.
I will answer because I am a nice guy and figure why the heck not.
The bike might be worth it to you, some of the parts are decent enough. However the bars are untapped and that is a turn off for me generally unless they are some really interesting bars (you know maybe polished or painted or something like that). I am not as knowledgeable about Raleigh, I know they have a few new bikes that are decent and some really really old bikes that are cool but a middle period of crap (or at least what I see).