Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Getting to the airport, hotel, LBS after a tour

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Getting to the airport, hotel, LBS after a tour

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-19, 01:27 PM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 1,154 Times in 640 Posts
Roll up the flattened box. Get a big roll of gaffer tape and a bit of string about 2 foot long. Carry the box to the airport. re tape the box. Install bike. Put 2 holes in each side of the box in about the middle, reinforce in between them with tape then loop the string through to reinforce the centre so it doesn't bulge.
Rode 6 miles to Venice Airport like this 2 days ago. The box was an enormous one the Italian bike shop sold me. I had to cut a bunch off the top and my 26" bike fitted in with the wheels and racks still on.