Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Cannondale Quick

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Cannondale Quick

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-19, 06:19 PM
teomoto

Bikes: Cannondale Quick 4, 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cannondale Quick

Hi,
So, I have an older Quick 4 and I want to go buy the new Cannondale Quick, but I am not sure which one to pick, ie from Quick 1 to quick 8.
I love my quick 4, but, why not going for the cheapest quick 8? Can anyone tell me the striking differences of the quick family? Exclude suspensions, just the rest of the models.
Does the riding position change among the Quick family, or is the same; that's important to me.
I ride primarily on the road, but sometimes I go off road - nothing dramatic! Would the CX version make sense for me, or I should just stick to Quick 1 to 8?
Thanks!
Old 02-27-19, 06:50 PM
Helderberg

Bikes: Had an old Columbia in the 80's, here a used Schwinn hybrid, now a Cannondale Quick 3 and a Topstone 105..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 139 Posts

Not much of a Cannondale Quick following here but as you can see I have a 7 and a 3, both 2018 models. The 7 has the three chain ring crank and the 3 a two. The 3 has a carbon fork and the Synapse type of rear frame, seat stays etc, and the 7 is more of a straight up flat bar bike on a budget. I have some steep hills where I ride so I like the 7 for the times I need to use a lower gear to save my 70 year old knees but if I could only have one it would be the three. I tried a Giant FX and sized a Trek but the Cannondale fit me best and I liked the hardware on it also. The 3 is a much smoother ride and I find the numb hands that I have on occasion had to deal with with the 7 but do not have any issues with the 3. I would go for the 1 if your budget will allow and your rides have moderate to large hills. If your going mountain climbing on a bike then look at the Quick 4. That was my target when I was adding a bike to the 7 but the price I got the 3 for was more than I could pass up. There are many other differences between my two and you can go to their site and compare different models.
Any other questions feel free to ask, Frank.
Old 03-02-19, 09:14 AM
teomoto

Bikes: Cannondale Quick 4, 2014

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, Frank, that was really helpful, especially when yesterday I almost bought the exact same 7. I might still buy it, as it will do what I want it for, and I can find it at a competitive price.
However, I was really aiming for the 4 and now I will take a look at the 3 too, but they are a bit higher in the budget...
Old 03-03-19, 08:23 AM
Helderberg

Bikes: Had an old Columbia in the 80's, here a used Schwinn hybrid, now a Cannondale Quick 3 and a Topstone 105..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 139 Posts
If I were to do it again I would have bought the 4 and probably never would have bought the 3. The carbon fork on the 4 is worth the money over the other non carbon offerings in the Quick line in my opinion. I rode a Giant Escape and liked the ride but not the cramped cockpit but the carbon proved what many here had told me. The three presented itself as a price I could not resist. Look into the 4 and try to get a decent test ride on it. I think you may have found a bike you can enjoy for many years but that is only something you can decide.
Let us know what you decide, Frank
Old 08-28-19, 09:24 AM
ultrarider7

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Varsity, 1985 Trek 410, 1985 Peugeot P 8, 2021 Pinarello Dogma F12, 2022 Cannondale Topstone Alloy

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 1,102 Times in 327 Posts
I love my Cannondale Quick Carbon

I upgraded to the Cannondale and love it! It's about 10 pounds lighter than the REI CTY 2.1 I rode prior to this. Being a newbie, I cannot post photos yet. If someone is interested in a medium sized frame REI CTY 2.1 I have a flawless example!