Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Jumping.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-05, 04:11 PM
justwitheraway

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jumping.

Jumping, what are techniques some guys use for landing as well as launching? I basically just go for speed, make sure foot placement is comfortable before the jump, as I go off the lip, lift the bike towards myself, then relax a bit, and have both wheels land simultaneously on the landing or flat ground. Also, let's say you're dropping off a decent cliff onto a flat landing, how would you configure yourself so you as well as your bike takes the least most amount of abuse? Thanks, don't forget to post your tips!
Old 07-23-05, 05:45 PM
snoopz666
biketilldeath

Bikes: 2005 Norco Aline:D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
if you drop to flat always back wheel first if you drop/jump to tranny both wheels at the same time. there have been a few threads with really long respones to this question. try a search
Old 07-23-05, 07:30 PM
Kyle90

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I usually get speed, rip my front wheel off the lip and kick the back high, and bring for a smooth, flat or back tire landing. and if I'm doing any tricks, I just flow however I land I usually never fall unless I hit something.

as far as high drops, I let the back tire take the hit, and I come in with bent elbows and absorb it, it's better if you've got shocks though.
Old 07-24-05, 11:43 AM
captain_crunch
half man, half badger

Bikes: norco katmandu

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
for jumps i usually get speed and pump the transition, then a back wheel first flat-ground landing, or both wheel/frontwheel first down hill landing.
for drops, try and crouch really low which minimizes the distance your body drops. then land back wheel first, front first or both at the same time depending on your landing.