Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Rob Roy group buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-07, 02:04 PM
climbhoser

Bikes: SS Surly Crosscheck; '91 Cannondale 3.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rob Roy group buy

If any of you have been monitoring the group buy in cyclocross or the previous one in SS/FG well, here's the new news:

It is happening. Well, sort of. What I need is a name and certain contact information from everyone interested. What Tony has told me is that this bike will no longer be available down the line, but he has no intentions of putting a sale on the current stock (instead just letting it sell out slowly). What that means is that it is the current Rob Roy frame and I'm pretty sure color as well. I'm also pretty sure he has a good size run available, so don't fret that aspect.

Once I have a list of at least 40 people with their size preferences, names and certain contact information (i.e. you will answer THAT phone or look in THAT e-mail) I'll get back to Tony and, for instance, if there's a mass run on the 58 then he might come short. So, if you want one for a great price, and this is a frame that will soon be no more, e-mail me at:

climbhoserATyahooDOTcom

My name is Adam and I'll be the liason. I want this frame pretty bad myself, so you can be sure I'll be on top of this. Feel free to post questions, but your best bet is a direct e-mail to me.
Old 08-15-07, 02:05 PM
climbhoser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rob Roy group buy

It is happening. Well, sort of. What I need is a name and certain contact information from everyone interested. What Tony has told me is that this bike will no longer be available down the line, but he has no intentions of putting a sale on the current stock (instead just letting it sell out slowly). What that means is that it is the current Rob Roy frame and I'm pretty sure color as well. I'm also pretty sure he has a good size run available, so don't fret that aspect.

Once I have a list of at least 40 people with their size preferences, names and certain contact information (i.e. you will answer THAT phone or look in THAT e-mail) I'll get back to Tony and, for instance, if there's a mass run on the 58 then he might come short. So, if you want one for a great price, and this is a frame that will soon be no more, e-mail me at:

climbhoserATyahooDOTcom

My name is Adam and I'll be the liason. I want this frame pretty bad myself, so you can be sure I'll be on top of this. Feel free to post questions, but your best bet is a direct e-mail to me.
Old 08-15-07, 02:05 PM
climbhoser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rob Roy group buy

climbhoserATyahooDOTcom

Old 08-15-07, 02:08 PM
bonechilling
Run What 'Ya Brung

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tony's discontinuing the Rob Roy? Did he give a reason why?

Also, price?
Old 08-15-07, 02:09 PM
vee_dub
McNightrider

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have tried to contract IRO asking if they ship overseas but noone reply me...anyone can answer my questions?
Old 08-15-07, 02:10 PM
icedmocha 
There's time now

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 4096 Post(s)
Liked 163 Times in 113 Posts
link?
Old 08-15-07, 02:12 PM
exfreewheeler
Stinky McStinkface

Bikes: Clemente Custom(not built-up), TI Raleigh Record SS, VitaSprint Mixte SS, IRO S.E.(coming) Ibex Trophy Pro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would assume he is replacing it? Maybe another design? I hope!
Old 08-15-07, 02:15 PM
dirtyphotons
antisocialite

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
crossing fingers for sliding dropouts....
Old 08-15-07, 02:19 PM
bonechilling
Run What 'Ya Brung

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtyphotons
crossing fingers for sliding dropouts....
And if he just put a derailler hanger on there, I think he'd give the Cross-Check a challenge, but I digress.
Old 08-15-07, 02:19 PM
Kol.klink
my bike Owns me+my wallet

Bikes: Px-10 singeld, 2007 KHS filte 100

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
$?
Old 08-15-07, 02:20 PM
xylophonecks
i can has tarck?

Bikes: '07 BFSSFGIRO / '84 Trek 770

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kol.klink
$?
+1
Old 08-15-07, 02:21 PM
climbhoser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://www.irofixedgear.com/index.as...WPROD&ProdID=8

Make sure and E-MAIL me if you want on the master list
Old 08-15-07, 02:24 PM
Ken Wind
VOTE FOR KEN WIND

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bonechilling
And if he just put a derailler hanger on there, I think he'd give the Cross-Check a challenge, but I digress.
I can't disagree, but that's obviously not his business model. Tony's a singlespeeder through and through. Well, his bikes are at least.
Old 08-15-07, 02:26 PM
LLGlcNAc
slowpoke

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xylophonecks
+1
+2
Old 08-15-07, 02:26 PM
climbhoser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
He said he was probably going to change some things. This group buy would be kind of like a mass sale for him. I don't know if he'd be putting it on sale otherwise, but I like the Rob Roy the way it is and if you do, too, then make sure and E-MAIL me to be put on the master list.

He didn't quote $. He told me to get a list, at least 40 people, and if that could be done he would do a "group buy." I take that to mean a deep discount not unlike previous group buys he's done. As soon as I have 40 people I'll be going to him with the list of people that want a great price on a classic frame and we'll be chatting about the price.

climbhoserATyahooDOTcom
Old 08-15-07, 02:30 PM
Dumpsterlife
is probably wrong

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix RC, Bianchi San Jose

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very interested but I need a price before I commit to anything.
Old 08-15-07, 02:50 PM
Frunkin
nom nom nom

Bikes: Lemond Tete de Course, Slingshot DDX, Fuji Track Pro, Surly Steamroller

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you've got mail
Old 08-15-07, 03:10 PM
fat_bike_nut

Bikes: 2010 Surly LHT (main rider and do-everything bike), 2011 Bike Friday NWT (back-up bike and multi-modal)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check your mailbox again. I sent my info, too.
Old 08-15-07, 03:25 PM
climbhoser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Think of your name on the list as weight. The more people on the list the better chance Tony will give us a good break on the price. I wish I could give you a number, but he didn't give me one. If you want to call him yourself you can ask him and feel free to post here. You can tell him that I already have 12 FOR SUREs as well.
Old 08-15-07, 03:31 PM
climbhoser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Guys, this is an awesome commuter. All steel so it'll soak up the road bumps and the relaxed 'cross geometry makes it extremely accomodating. I've seen these with internally geared hubs and they look amazing. Put whatever componentry you like on it and make it your dream bike.

All this for a frame in the $150 range (just a guesstimate. I actually don't know yet what Tony will ask for these, but I can't be far off).
Old 08-15-07, 04:01 PM
climbhoser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rob Roy group buy, great bike for Clydes/Athenas

climbhoserATyahooDOTcom

Old 08-15-07, 04:03 PM
climbhoser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rob Roy group buy

With an internally geared hub this is an amazing touring bike.

climbhoserATyahooDOTcom

Old 08-15-07, 04:04 PM
climbhoser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rob Roy group buy

climbhoserATyahooDOTcom

Old 08-15-07, 04:07 PM
climbhoser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IRO Rob Roy group buy

What an amazing utility bike. 'Cross geometry, steel frame...put an internally geared hub on it and you have a bike for every day.

climbhoserATyahooDOTcom

Old 08-15-07, 04:09 PM
KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!

Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
pics? specs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.