Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Old age touring...

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Old age touring...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-24, 06:47 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
I didn't read all the posts due to time, but I wanted you to know that I congratulate you for not only still riding a bike at your age, but also still wanting to do a tour, that's fantastic, you are a very robust man with great genes.

The rental place should be able to install a riser tube that will lift the bar up by another two or so inches.

If you have a couple of months before the tour, go to the gym and start working out with light weights, don't do heavy weights because if you hurt yourself then you won't be going touring!! You could also go to a physical therapist and have them show you various workouts to strengthen areas that would help you to ride on the bike more comfortably, neck exercises etc., these are exercises that you probably will have to do even while on the tour.

Anyway, I don't have much to add that others haven't already said, but congratulations on your ability and desire to take on a touring trip.