Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trying to decide between Fuji, Trek, & Giant Road Bike?

General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Trying to decide between Fuji, Trek, & Giant Road Bike?

Old 07-30-18, 03:32 PM
  #1  
jb23195
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trying to decide between Fuji, Trek, & Giant Road Bike?

I have had a hybrid bike for a while but trying to upgrade to a road bike trying to decide from the following
Fuji Sportif 2.0 Disc Road Bike-$700, Trek Domane AL 2- $750, AL 3- $910, Giant Contend - $880

Are the last 3 worth the extra price compared to the Fuji?
jb23195 is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 05:51 AM
  #2  
Rock71
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Iowa
Posts: 239

Bikes: Fuji Gran Fondo 2.1 and Scott Sportster P45

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I personally own a Fuji Gran Fondo 2.1 and absolutely love the bike. For me, it was the one that fit and felt the best. Thats what you need to do. Ride them all, decide which one is suited to you.
Rock71 is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 06:09 AM
  #3  
Brocephus
Professional amateur
 
Brocephus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Ga.
Posts: 419

Bikes: Does a Big Wheel count ?

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Since no one else has, I'll weigh in. I took a quick look at the specs of these bikes, and I'm leaning towards the Fuji (in fact, i just got a 105-equipped Fuji off Craigslist a little while back, and am very happy with it.)
From what I've dug up on Fuji, they seem to offer a lot of bang for the buck, relative to the bigger names.
The Fuji has the better Shimano component group (or most of it) compared to the others. It also has the (probably) strongest wheels, being 28-32 spoke units. Some of these others have very low spoke counts, which I don;t have good experiences with (and especially not with no-name,budget wheelsets who's product descriptions merely say, "alloy". Some of these spec sheets give more details on the friggin; saddle and stem than they do on the wheelsets ! )
Along with the slightly higher-end shifter and deraileur combo, the higher spoke-count wheelset is the deciding factor for me. I think the wheels on the Fuji are a bit less likely to start busting spokes on you, and spoke replacements turn into "good money after bad", real quick, making a new and better wheelset the smart move, right from the start.
I hope this was useful, good luck !
Brocephus is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 06:19 AM
  #4  
Brocephus
Professional amateur
 
Brocephus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Ga.
Posts: 419

Bikes: Does a Big Wheel count ?

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Rock71 View Post
I personally own a Fuji Gran Fondo 2.1 and absolutely love the bike. For me, it was the one that fit and felt the best. Thats what you need to do. Ride them all, decide which one is suited to you.
This is about the most useless advice you could give the guy. First, if he's looking at paying $700 for the Fuji, he's probably considering an internet purchase from someplace like Performance, so riding them all might not be an option.
Second, a bike that's priced at full retail, and has lower-end parts, might simply be set up just right for you, and therefore feel the best, while the better-equipped bike, that $500 off retail, might not instantly "feel" as good, but all it needs is the saddle moved higher, up or back, and maybe a shorter/higher stem that can be found on ebay for $14 delivered.
There are a LOT of important factors to consider. Just hopping on a bike and saying, "yup,this one feels good, I'll take it", is the worst criteria you can use when buying a bike.
Brocephus is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 06:34 AM
  #5  
Maelochs
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 11,498

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5449 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 76 Posts
Okay ... I am biased because I own a Sportif. But .... I bought it becvaue, for the money, it offered the best parts and was equivalent in every other way.

But ... you didn't include links and I am not going to guess (Hint---it is frowned upon to get past the censors using this trick: http://------www.--------fujibikes.c...if/sportif-2-1)

So .... Fuji generally delivers excellent bang for the buck because it has less down tube decal cachet. Giant similarly, and I know I researched the Contend when I bought the Fuji .... I got my bike on a triple points sale, so I got a few hundred in free Performance gear, and that tilted the decision in Fuji's favor. Both are solid bikes. Check out the parts list carefully (or post the links here ... we will tell you how to live every facet of your life. )

I don't know your budget, but if i were you I would look at the most bike you could buy for the max you can spend. An extra hundred or $150 won't matter a year form now, but having a better bike will. Money swayed me ... but only because for the (sort of) $300 discount I could get an $1100 bike for $800 (though I had to spend the other $300 throughout the year. Nothing is truly free.) I could get Spyre mech discs for instance, and a 105 drivetrain, which the other competitors couldn't match ... though as i said, I really did end up spending more eventually ... but frankly, I would have bought that much more stuff in a year Anyway .....

My point was supposed to be ... if the Giant looks better for any reason, don't let the money be an issue. If the Domane AL-3 looks good, don't compromise and get the AL-2 .... seriously, if you ride the bike three years, it is a dime a day. If the Fuji has everything you want And costs less---Bonus! Just make sure you are getting everything you want. The money hurts for a few minutes when you see your bank statement. The disappointment of thinking "I could have bought ...." lasts for as long as you own the bike.

Please post (modified as noted) links so we can tell you the Right Thing to Do.
Maelochs is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 07:01 AM
  #6  
Lazyass
Senior Member
 
Lazyass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 8,173

Bikes: Vintage steel, aluminum, modern carbon disc, single speed, MTB's, the works

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1910 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you're buying online, the Blue Prosecco AL costs $581.69 using the code save10. Triple butted frame, thru axles, Tiagra group and includes the fenders, rack and panniers..

https://www.randombikeparts.com/coll...clocross-bikes

Blue Competition Cycles-PROSECCO AL-TOURING

Lazyass is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 07:08 AM
  #7  
Brocephus
Professional amateur
 
Brocephus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Ga.
Posts: 419

Bikes: Does a Big Wheel count ?

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Okay ...I don't know your budget, but if i were you I would look at the most bike you could buy for the max you can spend. An extra hundred or $150 won't matter a year form now, but having a better bike will....
Yeah, this is solid advice. When possible, spending just a few more bucks to get a discernibly better bike (or better anything) is usually the way to go. I recommended the Fuji because it did look to be equally or better equipped than the others on his list, and was still cheaper. These more expensive bikes on his list all have similar generic parts and wheels, but have lower level shifters and derailleurs. Plus, I'm betting the Fuji's wheelset is going to be a bit more robust, having more spokes. (this trend from the manufacturers towards budget wheelsets with 20-24 spokes, is really annoying. They're hustling folks into thinking they're getting some sort of race-ready wheelset, when they're generally just fragile junk, as was the case with my Fuji's original wheelset. I'd already lined up a new wheelset for mine before I even bought it, and I busted a spoke on the original rear wheel the first 15 minutes I rode it !)

Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Okay ...Please post (modified as noted) links so we can tell you the Right Thing to Do.
Fair point, it's always helpful when guys asking for advice post the links for us. I just opened up another window, on a Google page, then copied and pasted each bike model from the OP. Didn't take long to get a quick peek at them all.
Brocephus is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 07:15 AM
  #8  
Mr IGH
afraid of whales
 
Mr IGH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Front Range, CO
Posts: 4,318
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After what Trek and the Burke family did to Greg LeMond and professional bike racing why would anyone buy a Trek?
Mr IGH is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 07:51 AM
  #9  
MRT2
Senior Member
 
MRT2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,873

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast, 1997 Bianchi Advantage, 1994 Trek 930.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 829 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Brocephus View Post
This is about the most useless advice you could give the guy. First, if he's looking at paying $700 for the Fuji, he's probably considering an internet purchase from someplace like Performance, so riding them all might not be an option.
Second, a bike that's priced at full retail, and has lower-end parts, might simply be set up just right for you, and therefore feel the best, while the better-equipped bike, that $500 off retail, might not instantly "feel" as good, but all it needs is the saddle moved higher, up or back, and maybe a shorter/higher stem that can be found on ebay for $14 delivered.
There are a LOT of important factors to consider. Just hopping on a bike and saying, "yup,this one feels good, I'll take it", is the worst criteria you can use when buying a bike.
I understand your point. Maybe the objectively better bike can be set up to feel better. Maybe the retailer selling the lower spec'd bike is just more skilled at fitting customers to bikes. Etc. On the other hand, how a bike feels is ultimately more important than objective measures like 105 this, or Tiagra that. Past a certain threshold, most bikes will get the job done for most of what your average enthusiast wants to do. The bike that feels just right, or that puts a smile on your face every time you throw a leg over the top tube is the right bike. So it isn't really bad advice at all to listen to your gut, all other things being equal.
MRT2 is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 08:04 AM
  #10  
Brocephus
Professional amateur
 
Brocephus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Ga.
Posts: 419

Bikes: Does a Big Wheel count ?

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by MRT2 View Post
I understand your point. Maybe the objectively better bike can be set up to feel better. Maybe the retailer selling the lower spec'd bike is just more skilled at fitting customers to bikes. Etc. On the other hand, how a bike feels is ultimately more important than objective measures like 105 this, or Tiagra that. Past a certain threshold, most bikes will get the job done for most of what your average enthusiast wants to do. The bike that feels just right, or that puts a smile on your face every time you throw a leg over the top tube is the right bike. So it isn't really bad advice at all to listen to your gut, all other things being equal.
Sure, "all other things being equal", no argument there. I'm not saying it's a bad idea to test ride a bike, or saying that there isn't some indefinable, personal subjectivity involved, I get that.
But I've known people over the years instantly fall in love with a bike based on nothing but the fact that it happened to be set up perfectly for them, the instant they hopped on it (or eternally swear off a bike because it wasn't, when all it needed was something simple like the seat post adjusted for them.)
And the guy who's comment i was commenting on, pretty much recommended the OP's sole criteria be how the bike 'feels" during a brief test ride, which is kind of irrational, if it's done at the expense of other, more substantive criteria, like component quality.
That's pretty much all I'm saying.
Brocephus is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 08:07 AM
  #11  
Maelochs
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 11,498

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5449 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 76 Posts
Originally Posted by MRT2 View Post
I understand your point. ,,,, So it isn't really bad advice at all to listen to your gut, all other things being equal.
Right. I sort of assumed that this idea was predicated on the situation where all the bikes were properly adjusted to fit the prospective buyer.

"Feel" is most obviously an indecipherable term ... it is opposed to "think." It defies analysis. But we all know that sensation ... where a bike says "Ride me!" while another says, "Well ... I could be ridden ... "
Maelochs is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 08:42 AM
  #12  
DGP9999
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Oregon
Posts: 11

Bikes: Trek SL5 Domane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I recently test rode the Fuji Sportif and the Trek Domane among many others and the Trek was so comfortable I went with the Domane. Actually, Trek had such a good deal on the Domane I went for the SL5 but I rode the aluminum (AL4 and 5) versions as well. Have had it 5 days and have already logged 100 pain free miles. Every other bike I have owned has been the source of much physical pain. Fit is super important so if you aren't able to test ride it could be a tough choice. An interesting thing happened: I had been struggling with "saddle" issues forever and then when I rode the Trek I had no saddle issue. I feel like saddle issues are often not related to the saddle but to the system (the proper overall fit of the bike).

Best wishes with the new bike,

Dave
DGP9999 is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 09:27 AM
  #13  
Maelochs
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 11,498

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5449 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 76 Posts
Originally Posted by DGP9999 View Post
I recently test rode the Fuji Sportif and the Trek Domane among many others and the Trek was so comfortable I went with the Domane.
Glad you found the right bike for you.
Maelochs is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 04:23 PM
  #14  
jb23195
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thaks everyone for your responses! I guess I should have mentioned that I am a bike noob and I will mostly be using it as part of my fitness program. So I won't be riding more than 30 miles on a ride & no more than 2-3x a week. Also, most of you guessed it I am on a budget. My budget was 700 but I am will to push 800 if that extra hundred is worth it.
jb23195 is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 05:02 PM
  #15  
Maelochs
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 11,498

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5449 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 76 Posts
jb23195--I have yet to find a link for the Fuji. 2.o---I keep getting a 2.1. Please post links .... even if you have to add extra characters to get them past the censors---so we can advise you on the bikes you are actually considering. .....

So … after I posted that I went back and this came up immediately … the internet wants me to look like a fool. https://www.performancebike.com/shop...lusive-31-6808

Is that it?

If so, I got one model above that, so basically, the same bike. Tiagra is great stuff … I have it on two bikes. I don’t know much about the brakes … I believe they are one step down from the Spyres. I would assume they stop the bike and are easy to set up … the Spyres are.

I changed the saddle because I had one I likes d sitting around, I changed the seatpost because I needed on e a little longer and had it lying around.

I eventually changed the wheels because I had a better set from I build I didn’t complete, but the stock wheels are strong and not too heavy. If I ever go for a serious dirt road/gavel ride, that’s what I am using.

The Treks are both good, but I don’t see where either of them is anything special and both of them carry that Premium Brand premium---The extra you pay for the name on the down tube (IMO).

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b...-al-2/p/21555/
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b...-al-3/p/17497/

I assume you are looking at the Giant Contend 1 (https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/contend-1) The Contend and the AL3 both come with Sora, which I think is an Amazing value group. However, if you plan to do any serious climbing, or dirt-road riding, the Giant has the 11-32 while the Trek has the 11-28 cassette.

For most hills 34x28 is plenty … but I don’t know what you can do or what you want to do. The Fuji also has the 11-32 cassette.

The Fuji has the best group set of them all …. But the Sora is plenty good.

Prices as I see them---
AL 3 $959.99
AL 2 $799.99
Contend $880
Fuji $699.97

Stacked up like that …. The question I ask is “What do any of these have which the others don’t have?”

The Fuji has mech discs, which might or might not be a benefit. The Fuji has the widest rang e of gears and the most options in between. The Fuji costs a hundred or a couple hundred less.

What do you Lose for that hundred or couple hundred? A decal from a “Major Manufacturer.”

I pay attention to bikes. I notice that the club I sometimes ride with has a lot of Treks and Cannondales … because the sponsoring shop sells those. A few classic titaniums …. And several Fujis.

Apparently people who know bikes and want good bikes and aren’t sponsored, think Fuji makes some good bikes.

As others have said, if you get a chance to ride them all, that might tell you something. One might feel more responsive or something …. Maybe you will like the color better. Whatever helps you decide.

I bought my Fuji on a self-imposed budget. I could have spent three times as much but I wanted an inexpensive rugged bike I could use for rain, gravel, roads, light touring, grocery trips, a camera bike, and general fun.

I looked at the Cannondale Synapse, the bikes you looked at, and a few others.

When value/dollar was an issue … I picked Fuji. I have Zero regrets.

(If you buy the Fuji and hate it, …. Don’t blame me. )
Maelochs is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 05:28 PM
  #16  
jb23195
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maelochs - Thanks for your detailed info! You were spot on with the Fuji bike. That was the one, I saw it at performance bike shop! From what I been hearing it seems like most of the bike share the same manufacturer at least for some of the parts. I also liked the fuji's weight as it was much lighter than compared to the others which were surprising given its price tag compared to the other. I think I will end up with the Fuji most likely. But do you think there would be anything significantly better compared to the fuji 2.0 if I was to spend another extra 100.

Last edited by jb23195; 07-31-18 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
jb23195 is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 05:58 PM
  #17  
Weakbikr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 27 Times in 8 Posts
My vote is for the fuji, I mulled over the exact same bikes and my conclusion was the fuji was the best bang for the buck in that group. In the end I got a great deal on a barely used bike with better components and much less money.
Weakbikr is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 06:20 PM
  #18  
TiHabanero
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,270
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 20 Times in 19 Posts
Fuji is so very often overlooked. They struggled to compete for a very long time, however in the past few years they have upped their game and are once again competitive with many models. Good choice.
TiHabanero is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 09:00 PM
  #19  
Teamprovicycle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Providence
Posts: 721

Bikes: Specialized tarmac sl2 giant tcx zero

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If it has to be an adventure road bike i couldt say, i would suggest a caad 8 - 12 or trek emonda alr those are race style road bikes and you will fly on them zoooooom was that a lighting bolt on wheels nope just you on your new bike!!!!
Teamprovicycle is offline  
Old 08-01-18, 06:27 AM
  #20  
Maelochs
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 11,498

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5449 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 76 Posts
Caads are indeed race bikes---with race geometry. Short head tubes, which sort of dictates a long, low, stretched riding position.

Unquestionably some of the best Al-framed bikes ever made ... people who want to do crit racing at any level up to the highest would be well served by these bikes. But OP is looking at endurance-geometry bikes.

Some people are sufficiently flexible and have strong enough cores that they can ride a race-geometry bike in complete comfort for many hours. More, are not.

If the OP wants to look at Cannondale, the Synapse would be the model in the class he has been examining.
https://www.incycle.com/cannondale-2...sc-tiagra.html
https://www.rei.com/product/124789/c...-105-bike-2018

Again, he pays the decal premium and gets the same parts.

I am Biased .... I completely admit it. I just rode my Sportif last night and had a great ride, I really had fun---despite my chain breaking. (Anyone who didn't have a couple quick links and a chain tool ... would have been walking. I got lucky.) Bang for the buck ... Fuji wins. If you want to spend a little more .... Wait for a double or triple points weekend and get the 1.3. The 1.5 has slightly better brakes, but otherwise not a huge upgrade. The 1.3 has the mech/hydro HY/RD brakes and a 105 group. But even with triple points it will be $1000 ...

Maelochs is offline  
Old 08-01-18, 08:50 PM
  #21  
NameTaken
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I really love my Contend 1. I test rode the trek and it was nice, no better/worse as far as I could tell but I liked the look of the Giant better and my previous Giant hybrid had served me well so that's what I went with. Would the Fuji serve you well? Probably. If you have the option of getting it from a bike shop, I'd do that. If that means an extra $100 on your budget then it's probably well worth it.
NameTaken is offline  
Old 08-02-18, 04:06 AM
  #22  
Maelochs
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 11,498

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5449 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 76 Posts
I was shopping Contend/Defy and settle don Fuji. The Giants seemed to offer more value/dollar than the other big names, and I did like the look better too. There was some level of build where the Defy/Contend went up one step in frame quality, and everyone said that spending less was fine but silly, because the leap in frame quality (I want to say Aluxx the superlight amazing Aluxx, but anyone who cares can google) meant that you were getting their best Al frame and if the components were just okay .... you could upgrade in a few years because the frame was that good---hanging 105 or Ultegra on it would actually make sense.

I no longer have specs and details and comparison sheets but none of it was hard to find. So .... if you were to choose the Giant, that would be where the extra cash would be well spent.
Maelochs is offline  
Old 08-02-18, 01:36 PM
  #23  
jb23195
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, everyone for all your inputs! I got the Fuji! Unfortunately, due to the rain all week I can't ride it until Saturday
jb23195 is offline  
Old 08-02-18, 01:51 PM
  #24  
Maelochs
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 11,498

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5449 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 76 Posts
Dang, I was going to tell you i changed my recommendation ... i am no that sold on the Fuji.

Maelochs is offline  
Old 08-02-18, 02:10 PM
  #25  
fietsbob 
coprolite
 
fietsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NW,Oregon Coast
Posts: 41,650

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6836 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 215 Times in 179 Posts
Around here we have a Trek dealership, but not the other 2.

can you test ride all 3? do that. OK?
fietsbob is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
steadead
Bicycle Mechanics
4
08-12-14 11:33 PM
stevecaz
Road Cycling
29
11-05-08 10:35 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.