Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

Join the Hundreds of Happy People and Learn Bicycle Repair!

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-20, 06:10 PM
southpier

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 41 Posts

yes, you too can be one of the Velomati-Elite and learn bicycle repair in the comfort of your own workshop.

#1 . make loads of extra income!
#2 . impress your friends!
#3 . get chicks!
get started Now with offer number one in a cycling trifecta of professional quality, gently used, and well loved tools at a mere portion of their retail value!

included is THE repairman's go-to bicycling mechanic's encyclopedia written by the icon of the velo world, Calvin Jones. "Cal" is legendary in cycling repair circles and hardly a wheel turns when someone isn't touched by the Sage's advice.

next, turn all those fussy little screws with professional quality SK screwdrivers. can't see the screws? adjust your glasses with Wiha German precision screwdrivers. yup, one phillips & one flat included.
can't get those fine wires stripped without a good sharp pair of Klein stripped & cutters which also work great on cable wraps for those "quick-fixes". round the package out with a sturdy pair of SK needlenose plier/ cutters, and store everything in the include Husky brand nylon envelope.

for $35.00 plus postage, how could you let this opportunity slip bye?

Last edited by southpier; 06-14-20 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-14-20, 06:21 PM
southpier

after you've read THE book cover to cover and gone 'round your bike to make sure everything is adjusted, you'll be eager to do some real wrenching. think how many things can be done with this offer:

there's almost too much to list, but we're certainly going to give it a shot!

Craftsman combination wrenches in both metric & imperial sizes as well as a 1/4" drive ratchet. boy, you'll be the envy of everyone in the neighborhood once word gets out. there's also a 6" Proto "stealth black ops" adjustable wrench for your on-the-road repair kit. SOMA tire levers (4) with steel reinforcement will assure you of hundreds of profit making flats fixed without a hitch, a Parks 3 way spoke wrench, and for that special "no charge for adjusting your seat tension Ma'am" favor, a Brooks saddle wrench (alone a $10.00 value IF you can even find one in the velo-centric times). if changing worn chains is the money maker all the guys say it is, you'll be rolling in it in a jiffy with a genuine Crank Bros chain tool. there's even an aluminum "stash box" ready to be filled with any goodies you might want to have in your repair kit.

all this for $35.00 plus postage. operators are waiting for your call
Old 06-14-20, 06:28 PM
southpier

to finish up your investment, consider getting into the BIG TIME repairs. these take BIG TOOLS and what better way to start than with a 25 mm & a 32 mm combination wrench?

sure, you could squeak by with one of those flimsy flat wrenches, but your profits will take a licking in the down time spent having to replace them. why not get off on the right pedal and get a real wrench to begin?

$25 for both plus expensive shipping (yes, they're THAT heavy!)
Old 06-14-20, 06:31 PM
southpier

and a s a special offer to BF members, if anyone buys all three (3) groups of tools, we'll toss in a genuine mechanics tool roll Absolutely FREE!

some of you will no doubt notice the Chase Harper logo and immediately know it's totally Expedition Quality kit!

Act Now; this stuff won't last long!

thanks for reading.
Likes For southpier:
Old 07-13-20, 09:44 AM
fivestarkid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i just put a tire on by myself. shocker, i know!
Old 07-19-20, 06:49 PM
southpier13

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
you might have been able to put it on in half the time with a 25 & 32 mm box end wrench*

*just joking; i gave them to the owner of the LBS. i know where to borrow them from if they are ever needed.
Old 07-20-20, 03:20 AM
mobelal

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is the Calvin Jones book the best book out there for beginners/ novices?
Old 07-20-20, 04:10 AM
billnuke1 

Bikes: Only my riders left...

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 389 Posts
Good reference books...I keep several in the shop and one in my Park Tool Big Blue Box...I bought a Zinn of out of curiosity...cool illustrations...
Old 07-20-20, 04:14 AM
mobelal

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by billnuke1
Good reference books...I keep several in the shop and one in my Park Tool Big Blue Box...I bought a Zinn of out of curiosity...cool illustrations...
Thanks! The Zinn book does look great too.
Old 07-22-20, 11:02 AM
RadDog
Banned.

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 30 Posts
$35....good deal!
Old 07-26-20, 08:09 PM
southpier13

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by mobelal
Is the Calvin Jones book the best book out there for beginners/ novices?
i think the best resource is Sheldon Brown & this forum.

SB is a bit of a rabbit hole, but the forum guys will help you out with pretty specific information.

you need to offer exactly what you want to know for them to do that.