Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Any Trek Dual Sport 1 owners out there.

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-20, 07:34 PM
slammer66

Bikes: Trek Dual Sport 1, Giant TCRc2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Greetings. I purchased a 2021 Trek Dual Sport 1 today. I wanted a 2 actually but with my wife also purchasing a bike today (specialized) and with the extremely limited supply of new bikes I had to take what I could get and afford. I've got an older Giant road bike I've been using for about 18 months and I wanted the hybrid bike for more casual riding with my wife and for the city rides that were so popular before the world got sick. Hopefully by next spring we will all be inoculated and we can reclaim this part of our lives.
Old 09-14-20, 10:41 AM
MrMoody7

Bikes: Ribble R872, Trek Dual Sport 2,

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
I bought a 2. Got a great deal on a Cycle to Work scheme. How do you like it so far?
Old 09-15-20, 06:32 AM
slammer66

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I've loved it so far. I did add a handlebar riser and replaced the grips but I generally need that on any bike because I'm long legged and short armed. It's so much more comfortable on the urban landscape that I ride on than my road bike. It's not as fast but I ride for fitness and fun, so the speed is not important to me.
Old 09-15-20, 08:02 AM
MrMoody7

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
That's great. I've made a few small changes, and I'm waiting on ergon grips, but it's been a great bike so far for commuting and longer weekend rides.
Old 09-15-20, 01:03 PM
slammer66

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I would call myself a relative beginner, having been riding for about 15 months or so. I went with my more experienced friends last weekend, they always ask me about taking a route not wanting to get me in a pickle, I kept saying yes and they ended the day at a place called "the view" which as you can guess is at the top of a mountain, Red Mountain in Birmingham to be specific. I followed them for several hours before that and literally about 50 yards from the top my legs went into full cramp mode. I had to come off the bike for a bit. Thankfully from there the route back to the truck was all downhill. It was about 30 miles total. I think I may have done one ride longer on the road bike and although I did get leg cramps I'd say overall I felt better off after this ride than the longer one I did before, and that longer one did not include any hills. I think having that shock in front really reduces the overall impact on my body, I know there is a hit in overall weight, but I'm willing to take that hit for a better overall experience.
Old 09-15-20, 09:12 PM
fords4life

Bikes: '20 Trek DS1, '84 Raleigh Prestige

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Bought my DS1 back in May. I’ve got 475+/- miles on it since then. I started cycling in May as well so a definite beginner. I did a 30 mile ride last Sunday and it felt great. I probably should try new grips, but I’ve been working on cleaning up my Dads old racing bike to try for a road bike.
Likes For fords4life:
Old 09-16-20, 01:51 AM
MrMoody7

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
A Raleigh Prestige? Beautiful!
Old 09-16-20, 09:29 PM
fords4life

Bikes: '20 Trek DS1, '84 Raleigh Prestige

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by MrMoody7
A Raleigh Prestige? Beautiful!
As of this evening, make it two. Lol. An '85 Prestige popped up on Facebook a couple days ago. Chrome is a little rough but all original companies except pedals and saddle. All the components are in great condition. Paid $150.

The '84

The new to me '85.
Likes For fords4life: