Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Ideas for Recovery

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Ideas for Recovery

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-19, 06:20 AM
srode1
Gravel Rocks

Bikes: Trek Domane and Crockett, BH G7, Niner RLT9, RLT9 RDO

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by kellyon
What about massage therapy? It helped me to recover in a few weeks, after my injury last year. Now I try to attend out local massage therapist at least twice a month. For me it's probably the best way to relax. Besides my therapist is more than just practitioner, he's also athlete and coach.
Yep, that works for sure - Normatec boots are a great alternative that will save some money over regular message therapy and more convenient.
Old 04-03-19, 09:05 PM
CraigMBA

Bikes: 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper Monstercross Touring Rig, and a couple of others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I recently changed my recovery beverage. I mix a 24 oz bottle with lemon lime Gatorade (about 45 grams of carbohydrate) and what works out to be half a scoop of vanilla flavored whey protein (10 grams). It costs about $0.50, requires no refrigeration (before you add the water), is way more filling, and tastes like key lime pie.

I don't think a TSS of 350 in a week is too much. You'll feel it, but if you manage your easy days with your hard days, it's doable.
Old 04-10-19, 03:06 PM
ckc 189

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i dont know if its mental, but i swear an ice bath makes my legs feel so much better the next day!