Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Need admin/moderator help

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-17, 05:27 PM
SpaceCrawler

Bikes: 1970s Kool Kat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need admin/moderator help

Ok, this is the second time I've have to post this, so bear with me as it's getting tiring real fast.

A few days ago I joined the forum, started a topic here trying to find info on an old bicycle I had as a kid:
https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...s-bicycle.html
I got a few responses, replied normally, and all seemed perfectly fine. Later, I edited my original lead comment to be more clear for anyone else joining the discussion. From that point on my original lead comment in the thread, with all the info, photo of the bike, etc, vanished. The first reply to me (from user AZORCH) was now the lead comment, and any post I made to the thread had to be submitted for "Moderator Approval". So far after a couple days they have yet to show up.

Then I posted about this problem a few hours ago here:
https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...howing-up.html

Again, after posting, I edited my lead comment (due to a misspelled word) and whoosh, that lead comment vanished. However I was able to post a reply, which is now the lead comment. Like the other thread all posts I try to post within that thread go to "Moderator Approval". It seems my edits are triggering some sort of hyper sensitive spam filter on the forum or something.

I cannot send a message to any moderators because I don't yet have enough posts yet. Can someone help, contact a moderator or admin? Do moderators read this section of the forum?

Sean
Old 01-04-17, 08:47 PM
McGio813

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I need the same help
Old 01-04-17, 09:39 PM
no1mad 
Thunder Whisperer

Bikes: '06 Kona Smoke

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by McGio813
I need the same help
I got the server to cough up your posts as well.
Old 01-05-17, 05:32 AM
McGio813

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you for whatever it is that you did. Lol Love this community!
Old 04-24-19, 04:29 PM
jonwvara 

Bikes: 1966 Dawes Double Blue, 1976 Raleigh Gran Sport, 1975 Raleigh Sprite 27, 1980 Univega Viva Sport, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1984 Lotus Classique, 1976 Motobecane Grand Record

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
Liked 656 Times in 348 Posts
Misplaced post

I put up a post in the For Sale section this afternoon, and it appeared after I'd sent it, but now it seems to have disappeared. I'm wondering if perhaps I misplaced it, and it somehow went into the ISO and For Trade area, and was taken down for that reason (given that I was selling an item for cash, not offering a trade). If that's what happened, it was an error on my part, and I'd appreciate it if it could be re-posted in the For Sale thread.
Jon Vara

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long."
--Ogden Nash