Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Balloon fenders for Electra townie

Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Old 03-09-19, 09:27 PM
mercadr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi all,
i want to install fenders on my Electra townie balloon bike. I can’t find the townie balloon fender set anywhere and was wondering if the anyone has installed another brand of fenders that will fit the townie?
Old 03-09-19, 09:48 PM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,102 Times in 1,366 Posts
I’d start by seeing if the regular Townie fenders would fit over the tires. They may be the same. Looking at photos makes it seem like it... the Balloon versions of the bike just look like a tighter fit. They are available on the Electra website. Or ask at a dealer if they can order replacements in your color.
Old 03-25-19, 12:06 AM
MikeyMK
Cycleway town

Bikes: 2.6kw GT LTS e-tandem, 250w Voodoo, 250w solar recumbent trike, 3-speed shopper, Merlin ol/skl mtb, 80cc Ellswick

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked 169 Times in 117 Posts
I've used both Wald and Electra ones, same size. The Electra ones are chrome plated steel and are rusting with a year of abuse. There are various other copies too. The Wald were from America and cost a fortune due to taxes (hurry up Brexit!) but i got the Electra's from Germany free postage.
Old 04-27-19, 07:37 PM
stanman13
Not racing.

Bikes: Old rigid mtn bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
I've put Wald fenders on a variety of bikes over the years. They are well-made, solid fenders, but they're steel and a bit heavy if that's a concern. They're pretty universal and easy to fit. The stays usually are made to mount to the axle and may require some minor modification to mount to eyelets.