Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Pioneer SGX-CA600 Issues

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Pioneer SGX-CA600 Issues

Old 05-15-19, 12:18 PM
biffmofo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pioneer SGX-CA600 Issues

LONG time lurker, first time poster...

Anyone else using this computer? All in all I love it. However, I have found there to be a couple issues and getting ahold of customer service is a pain.

The big issue I have had is that when I start a course or while a Strava segment is being tracked, if I press the left menu scroll button then the unit will immediately brick. The only was to restart the device is to connect it to a power source and wait a few minutes. Then it will power back on.

Another pain in the butt is uploading rides to Cyclo-Sphere. Sometimes right after I save the ride it will say "Cyclo-Sphere" uploaded. However maybe 25% of the time it wont do anything. I go to the app to try to force upload and it will just say "failed to up-load" for a couple hours. Then it decides its time to finish it.

I guess my last thing that bugs me but isn't so much a problem is the phone notifications. They only seem to transmit to my device from my phone when the app is open and screen on the phone is on. On my Garmin I dont even need the app open. it just sends the notifications.

Anyone else have these or other issues? I'm seriously considering going to the Wahoo Elemnt Roam. However I can't find any info if the Roam has Pioneer pedaling metrics, but it should right?
Old 05-21-19, 01:25 PM
DBales

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biffmofo
LONG time lurker, first time poster...

Anyone else using this computer? All in all I love it. However, I have found there to be a couple issues and getting ahold of customer service is a pain.

The big issue I have had is that when I start a course or while a Strava segment is being tracked, if I press the left menu scroll button then the unit will immediately brick. The only was to restart the device is to connect it to a power source and wait a few minutes. Then it will power back on.

Another pain in the butt is uploading rides to Cyclo-Sphere. Sometimes right after I save the ride it will say "Cyclo-Sphere" uploaded. However maybe 25% of the time it wont do anything. I go to the app to try to force upload and it will just say "failed to up-load" for a couple hours. Then it decides its time to finish it.

I guess my last thing that bugs me but isn't so much a problem is the phone notifications. They only seem to transmit to my device from my phone when the app is open and screen on the phone is on. On my Garmin I dont even need the app open. it just sends the notifiations.

Anyone else have these or other issues? I'm seriously considering going to the Wahoo Elemnt Roam. However I can't find any info if the Roam has Pioneer pedaling metrics, but it should right?
biffmo,
Pioneer here. We're sorry you're having difficulties. Please drop us a note @ cycle-sports@pioneer-usa.com and we''ll work through each of your concerns.
Old 05-21-19, 01:29 PM
DBales

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
biffmo,

Pioneer here. We're sorry your having difficulties. Please drop us a note at cycle-sports@pioneer-usa.com and we'll work through each one and find a solution one way or another. Again, we're sorry for the troubles.