Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from London England

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-19, 03:28 AM
murksyed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi All

I have a Peugeot Premiere (mangalloy HLE frame) which I bought nearly new in 1989. By some miracle it has never been stolen or sustained serious damage despite having lived and commuted with me for several years in Italy (cobblestones, tramlines, deadly driving), and Spain (cobblestones , tramlines, even more deadly driving). I kept the original white wall tyres on it for 20 years. When I finally replaced them the white parts had fallen off and if you held them up to the light you could see through them.

I have tinkered with bikes since I learned to ride as a young kid. Now I have upped my game. I stopped using the old girl as she was getting old and grumpy. I acquired a GIANT, nice modern commuter - stolen. I then got a TREK, nearly as good as the GIANT.- stolen. So back to my old friend.

As the old Peugeot was seriously in need of more advanced maintenance than I have ever had the knowledge, tools or skills for, I am quite proud of the results having serviced the wheel and bottom bracket bearings and trued (getting there..) the rear wheel. Still messing with the brakes and gears. I'm looking forward to learning and having fun on these forums.

Thanks for having me!
Old 06-19-19, 09:12 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums from SoCal!
Old 06-20-19, 12:10 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,407 Times in 901 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Have you had a chance to check out our bicycle mechanics section? Would love to see you help out there. Thanks for joining!
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.