Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Pedego ebikes

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Pedego ebikes

Old 08-25-20, 01:26 PM
MJH

Bikes: GT Virage, GT Avalanche, Surly Disc Trucker (for sale), Specialized Roll Comp 1x Low Entry

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Pedego ebikes

We have a very nice Pedego dealer in our town. Certainly not cheap, but local and able to do repairs, etc. I have not seen much discussion on this brand. I searched and came up with very little. Any owners? Any opinions? Thanks.
Old 08-25-20, 02:36 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 613 Posts
Some experience testing them, but never owned one. Reputation for excellent bikes and CS, but at the top of the price range for what you receive. If they're local and you can tolerate the price/performance ratio, you won't be unhappy, IMO.
Likes For 2old:
Old 08-31-20, 09:55 AM
Dewey101

Bikes: '73 Raleigh Sports; 2017 Breezer Downtown 8 ST converted to ebike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 19 Posts
The EBR brand forum has chat, and there is a Pedego owners facebook group
I agree Pedego stores offer more of an automotive/motorcycle dealership experience with loaner ebikes while yours is in for service. My local Pedego dealer in Alexandria, VA, also sells kinekt seatpost suspension, helmets, eyewear, as well as sourcing and fitting accessories like child seats. New they are priced higher for what you get to cover the cost of providing a full service, but a budget friendly way to get one is to see if your local Pedego dealer participates in the certified used program typically only at the larger stores primarily so they can sell their ex-rentals & ex-demo bikes with a 12 month warranty including the battery.

Last edited by Dewey101; 08-31-20 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-31-20, 11:16 AM
2old

My local store had other activities for groups like trips to the farmer's market, wine tasting, yearly get together of local owners etc (obviously on hold now). Also, Pedego had a problem with batteries a couple of years ago, recalled and replaced all of them.
Old 08-31-20, 12:09 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts
I thought about them but they have some things I don't like like the battery on the back and the lack of mod drives for most bikes and the 20mph speed. like my bulls mid drive bike with a Bosch motor is less then their top bikes with better components and far better drive system. but that's just me we have two ebike only shops here and a lot of other shops that sell e bikes so we have a lot of choices.
Old 09-03-20, 08:48 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4330 Post(s)
Liked 3,954 Times in 2,643 Posts
A old school hub drive and rack mount battery with cheap 7 speed components and cable brakes for almost 3k...yeah that is a total rip off. 100 out of 10 would not buy. There are so many bikes I can get for 3k and even some for less that are of more quality than this hunk of junk. I wonder where the $1500+ goes as that is a steep markup from what the bike should cost RETAIL.

The only reason to buy a Pedego is if I could get it for the same price as an Ancheer or Nakto or similar brand. The nicer Pedego's with Brose or Shimano motors are better bikes but not a hugely great value and not something I want from a brand that sells mostly low end stuff at really high prices
Old 09-03-20, 09:24 PM
2old

As a rejoinder, and to substantiate what I said above, I've ridden and long term tested Pedego bikes and IMO (since I don't have an ax to grind) they're well made with excellent customer service. I think that anyone who is in the bike business should mention their affiliation before they denigrate a competitor. Pedego didn't become the largest e-bike dealer in the US by accident.