Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Nature Coast Trail Video

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Nature Coast Trail Video

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-12, 06:09 PM
lookinUp
Old Woman on a Catrike

Bikes: Catrike 5.5.9., Trek Madone 5.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nature Coast Trail Video

My first attempt at a video and editing ... leaves a lot to be desired, but here it is anyway. Rode from Trenton to Old Town over the Suwannee River bridge, down to Faning Springs and back to Old Town. The video shows the bridge and Trenton RR station along with some plain old trail shots.

.be
Old 01-02-12, 06:21 PM
zzOtherlandzz

Bikes: 2011 Rocky Mountain Vertex 29'r, 2007 Trek 1500 -- 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara -- 2006 Gary Fisher Tassajara Disc (converted to touring bike)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool video..... LOTS of riders on the bridge for sure. When I went and rode it in the summer of 2010 I only saw a few other riders the whole day... and none on the bridge.
Old 01-04-12, 08:28 AM
bikecrate

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked 397 Times in 226 Posts
Nice trail. I think I've ridden the whole thing in a couple of visits. My favorite part is the Fanning Springs to Chiefland. Last time I was there I did a triangle shaped route between Fanning Springs – Chiefland – Trenton (had to go off trail) then back on the trail again until I got off to go to Manatee Springs. It was a crazy hot day in the middle of summer and it felt really good to swim in the spring. I’m returning next month. The weather should be much improved.

One odd thing I saw the locals do is ride their bikes on the trail against “traffic”. It was a little disconcerting.
Old 01-04-12, 07:54 PM
TrailViewMount

Bikes: 2013 Trek 8.2 DS

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lots of people on the Old Town bridge. I'm glad my days off are Wednesday and Thursday. I always have the paved trails to myself. I rode Old Town to Fanning Springs in June 2011. Nice video lookinUp. What kind of mount and camcorder did you use to shoot this? If interested you can see lots of my bicycle videos I've shot on my website: https://www.trailviewmount.com
Old 01-11-12, 12:46 PM
lookinUp
Old Woman on a Catrike

Bikes: Catrike 5.5.9., Trek Madone 5.2

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrailViewMount
Lots of people on the Old Town bridge. I'm glad my days off are Wednesday and Thursday. I always have the paved trails to myself. I rode Old Town to Fanning Springs in June 2011. Nice video lookinUp. What kind of mount and camcorder did you use to shoot this? If interested you can see lots of my bicycle videos I've shot on my website: https://www.trailviewmount.com
TrailView... used the bicycle mount for the Hero video camera. Next time, I'm just going to zip tie it to the handlebars - think that will work just fine and will keep the camera lower and less obvious. Using their mount, it sticks up high and looks like a headlight.

I've enjoyed your videos and discussions of our Florida trails. One of these days, all of us Florida riders ought to get together for a ride and lunch afterwards. Withlacoochee or Orange or Wekieva Trails - or somewhere convenient to everyone.