Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Mountain - Plains
Reload this Page >

Any "must-see" bike shops in Denver?

Search
Notices
Mountain - Plains Colorado | Kansas | Missouri | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-15, 12:52 PM
Squeeze
High Plains Luddite

Bikes: 3x8 & 3x9

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 54 Posts

I live and work in the southern suburbs and have been to most shops south of Araphahoe Road & I-25, and I've hit the group of them over at Wadsworth & Bowles as well. Are there any shops up in the city that have different stuff than the all-the-same shops down here in the suburbs? Any that have tons of accessories in stock without having to order them on the slow boat from China? Any used bike shops, like the endless used car dealerships that blanket South Broadway? I figure in a city the size of Denver there must be a few unique places that cyclists enjoy visiting.

I'm looking for a few new parts for a MTB, like a tektro fork-mounted brake cable hanger, some "alt-bars", either new trigger-shifters or maybe bar-end shifters, a rear rack for my wife's bike which is a strange size, a bike for my son, and a couple other obscure things, like a different stem for my 1-1/8" threaded fork, gravel tires for my road bike, etc. I know I can order all that stuff and everything else from the internet, but I still enjoy browsing in brick-and-mortar stores and seeing & touching what I might buy rather than taking a chance on something from just a picture on a website.

Thanks for any recommendations.
Old 02-04-15, 08:16 PM
randallr

Bikes: 2017 Gunnar CrossHairs Rohloff, 2022 Detroit Bikes Cortello

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 89 Posts
Have you been to Salvagetti's?
Old 02-04-15, 11:15 PM
superdex
staring at the mountains

Bikes: Obed GVR, Fairdale Goodship, Salsa Timberjack 29

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 197 Times in 112 Posts
+1 on Salvagetti's -- there's also Alpha Cycle, right on Arapahoe/25 ... CONTACT US | Alpha Bicycle Company | Centennial, CO
Old 02-05-15, 01:13 PM
Squeeze
High Plains Luddite

Bikes: 3x8 & 3x9

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 54 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll have to take a ride up to Salvagetti's some Saturday and have a look around. I appreciate the tip. I wouldn't have known that place existed, and I bet there are lots more like that I've never heard of.

I know and like Alpha Bicycles already. They did a full tune of my road bike when I first got it (very well used) and the bike is like new now. Cool guys, neat shop - they seem more of a cyclocross shop than anything else based on the bikes they stock the couple times I've been there.

https://www.alphabicycle.com/
Old 02-05-15, 03:12 PM
celticfrost
Raising the Abyss

Bikes: Expensive ones that I ride slowly

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
I like Alpha too.

If you're going to be in Denver, then there's nice eye candy at C3, Estelle and Schwab.
"...in Las Vegas where -the electric bills are staggering -the decor hog wild -and the entertainment saccharine -what a golden age -what a time of right and reason -the consumer's king -and unhappiness is treason..."
Old 02-08-15, 12:06 AM
mdow777

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you are interested in Italian road bikes Creekside Bikes in Parker has some really nice ones. I would guess there are other shops in town that stock them but it's the only on I've been to that had Italian steel bikes (Colnago, Tommasini, Torelli). Mostly out of my range but fun to look at and the staff seem very passionate about what they're selling.

creeksidebikes.com