Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

question about Bicycle shirts/jerseys

Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

question about Bicycle shirts/jerseys

Old 06-27-17, 12:22 PM
kc0bbq

Bikes: 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2.0, 2016 Trek Emonda ALR 6, 2015 Propel Advanced SL 2, 2000 K2 Zed SE

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ill.clyde
great question ... I'd say the quality is on par or even better than others I own. I have one Nashbar jersey that I really like, and the FLAB jersey is definitely a little better. The FLAB jersey beats the rest of the jerseys I have hands down. No quality issues here, provided they hold up to use
Since you've got one of their jerseys, is there enough give in their design where you could size down a size or is it very true to size? I like a bit of compression in my jersey on longer rides, especially if its windy, and that makes ordering a bit tough. With Pactimo I size down one or two sizes depending on the material, but with Twin6 I can't or I get strangled, and that's just American manufacturers.

I have really wanted one of the Lanterne Rouge jerseys - the current one even more than the last one - but getting my preferred fit is a hassle with overseas shipping when I'm guessing.
Old 06-27-17, 01:01 PM
ill.clyde

Bikes: 2009 Trek 1.2

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by kc0bbq
Since you've got one of their jerseys, is there enough give in their design where you could size down a size or is it very true to size? I like a bit of compression in my jersey on longer rides, especially if its windy, and that makes ordering a bit tough. With Pactimo I size down one or two sizes depending on the material, but with Twin6 I can't or I get strangled, and that's just American manufacturers.in all

I have really wanted one of the Lanterne Rouge jerseys - the current one even more than the last one - but getting my preferred fit is a hassle with overseas shipping when I'm guessing.
Been trying to figure out the answer to this ... me personally, I wouldn't want to size down a size from the 52. Doing so, for me, would probably be a strangling type moment. It's a snug fit ... not a race fit, but definitely not as "billowy" as a club fit jersey. I would say it's true to size. For me, the 52 is a little snug in the neck with the zipper all the way up, but I found as I rode it was less of an issue and I actually zipped all the way up halfway through the ride. Also ... my sleeves felt very tight when I put it on yesterday after getting it in the mail. Today on the ride, however, I was comfortable. But I wouldn't want to go a size smaller because I think that would be too tight in the sleeves.

I hope all of this is helpful.

I was somewhat hesitant to order it too, because of the return issues, but went ahead and did it anyway. I'm glad I did. I would encourage you to get measured (or measure a favorite jersey as I did) and check it against the size charts. I'd also tell you to email them with any size questions because, like I mentioned, they were quick with a reply (though it was the following day because I emailed them after hours over there).

I'll definitely be ordering again from them
Old 06-27-17, 01:04 PM
kc0bbq

Bikes: 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2.0, 2016 Trek Emonda ALR 6, 2015 Propel Advanced SL 2, 2000 K2 Zed SE

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's pretty much the information I was looking for, thanks. I probably talked around the question a bit.