Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southern California
Reload this Page >

Training Laps at Griffith Park, Burbank.

Notices
Southern California Southern California

Old 02-16-11, 12:39 AM
Mahantablue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Greetings everyone,

I am getting ready to ride training rides around and over Griffith Park. The ride is just under 5.5 miles with roughly a mile plus climb behind the Zoo / golf course. It's a good climb and the remaining 4 miles is enough time to recover before you climb again.

I'm looking for someone to buddy up with on these laps to keep it interesting. I work for myself so I can meet up mid-week or the weekend. Let me know if you want to train on this hill.

Happy riding!

Mike in Burbank
Old 02-16-11, 02:26 AM
wrr1020

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Whats the loop you ride, i live in Burbank and ride around Griffith park most of the time. Theres a nice path going through Griffith park/Hollywood hills that ends up leaving you on Los Feliz. Goes towards the observatory.
Old 02-16-11, 02:11 PM
curiouskid55

Bikes: o5 Specilized roubaix Comp, 06 Tequilo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If you are talking about going up the hill behind Travel Town (Trash Truck for old timers) just turn around at the gate and coast down past the stop sign and Travel Town to where it flattens out. Flip a u and start back up. More than enough recovery for a one mile hill. repeat four or five times.
Old 02-16-11, 07:00 PM
OUC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm there every Tuesday night after work, sometimes Thursdays. I park at the driving range and start about 5:40 from the parking lot. The 15lb. road bike stays home though. I'm on a 50lb. orange hard tail, fat tires, with fenders, helmet light, bar light, 800 bright lumens, and three red flashing tail lights. Can't miss me. Been there all winter too, through rain, wind and 40* weather. I spend 1 hr on that back hill, where the big locomotives are that I think you're talking about. I do 4 power intervals and 4-5 hill repeats. Sometimes I cut out 2-3 hill repeats and finish off climbing up towards the observatory. I did that last night. If you happen to pass by after my 4 intervals I could join you for a speedy lap, or maybe cruise up towards the observatory, not all the way, but before the downhill starts.

I used to do laps years ago but find I gain much more power from intervals and hill repeats. If anything, just yell out a shout out if you see me at that time.