Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

1980s Raleigh Wyoming touring

Old 03-13-20, 06:17 AM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Originally Posted by mgonko
I found this older thread tonight and just wanted to see how you like the Wyoming after all these years. I just bought a refurbished 1984 Wyoming last month and love it. The frame had low miles on it because a small section near the rear derailure broke off. It sat in storage for 30 years until my bike guy found it and built it up for me. Other than the frame and fork its a full new bike. Steel frame is amazingly comfortable. I'm used to riding on titanium Litespeeds both mountain and mostly road. The Wyoming is what I call my comfort cruiser now that I'm getting older. We need to start a Wyoming forum. These are very nice bikes.
I doubt the original poster will see you message. They haven't posted since 2015. Having said that, Raleigh had a number of nicely-built bikes and the Wyoming has its fans. With the right components, gearing and racks it can make for a nice backpacking or touring bike.

You might like reading this article/blog.

https://utahrandonneur.wordpress.com...-touring-bike/
Likes For TugaDude: