Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Mapmyride

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-18, 12:06 PM
airman2482

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mapmyride

Has anyone had trouble with Mapmyride? Or Mapmyride+ ?
Old 02-24-18, 11:06 PM
Bmach

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 162 Posts
Not yet
Old 02-25-18, 08:11 AM
Ald1 

Bikes: Domane SLR 9 Fuji Gran Fondo 2.3 1978 Mercian

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Recently they suggested downloading mapmyride and deleting the plus. I did that . OK for the most part but it did not sync the first ride but I did it manually. Also just finished a new bike build and that has a Dzero power meter . It pairs but displays nothing under power. Don't know thats normal as I don't know if mapmyride has this capacity.
Old 02-25-18, 06:51 PM
airman2482

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trouble with Mapmyride

I’ve had trouble with Mapmyride not reading my Duotrap S since last fall. I’ve also run a paid version of Strava and now have to run both to get a speed and cadence from the Duotrap. I’ve tried other sensors with the Mapmyride and they don’t work either) I’ve contacted Mapmyride customer support 6 times about this since last Sept 2017 (switched from iPhone 6s+ to iPhone 8+ Mapmyride stopped reading any sensors) and they’ve yet to fix the problem. They claim they’re aware of it, but don’t seem to do anything with it.

I like Mapmyride because it has more accurate calorie burns than Strava, I’ve had both running side by side for over a year, using both feeding Myfitnesspal and Mapmyride was almost “right on the nuts” for a weight loss program I made up using myfitnesspal as a calorie and diet counter for over a year. I lost 60 pounds, and am back to my riding weight. (6’’6” 220)

Strava didn’t calculate the proper calories. Strava was way too little. If I relied on Strava, I would have lost too much weight in too short of a period.

Thanks for the replys.

Originally Posted by Ald1
Recently they suggested downloading mapmyride and deleting the plus. I did that . OK for the most part but it did not sync the first ride but I did it manually. Also just finished a new bike build and that has a Dzero power meter . It pairs but displays nothing under power. Don't know thats normal as I don't know if mapmyride has this capacity.

Last edited by airman2482; 02-25-18 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 02-26-18, 04:16 AM
Ald1 

Thanks Airman,
I too like map my ride but will drop them as, I believe they cannot do power meters. I recently also contacted customer support about this and was told the same thing. "We are aware of the problem and are fixing it". I blasted them in a satifaction survey as they had my case marked as resolved. How can this be when the problem exits. Wonder if Ride with GPS is any better?
Old 02-26-18, 06:42 AM
airman2482

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I too got the message..

I too recently got the message that Mapmyride+ is being dropped and to get the regular Mapmyride app. The person “Tim” from “support” stated the same thing to me: “they’re aware of it....”

I’ve logged thousands of miles and have data from those rides into Mapmyride and don’t look forward to converting the data to another app.

I’m contemplating putting up a website to gather names and interested parties of other paid users of Mapmyride who also have similar problems with non-support of the app.

I don’t know what kind of app to start using which would provide an accurate calorie burn. Myfitnesspal is (so far) good. Its calorie burn schedules for activities seem to be fairly accurate, I don’t know where the schedules come from, but they are almost “spot on” for the weight/height/age range.
Old 02-26-18, 06:44 AM
airman2482

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pedals

Do the pedals you have work well? What apps have you tried them with?

I’ve been looking at different pedals and crankarms for measuring watts.
Old 02-28-18, 06:55 AM
Ald1 

I took a 20 mile ride using Ride with GPS. My power meter is a dual crank meter DZERO. The app connected and in the pairing showed watts and cadence. Phone stayed in pocket but stopping I did not have a watts window, however the web after ride showed average watts. Have a ticket in with them and they seem far more receptive and helpful tham MMR. I'll keep you posted. Very frustration not getting things to work. Guess I'll breakdown and get a bike computer soon.....
Old 02-28-18, 09:24 PM
airman2482

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yup breakdown and get a computer

I’m thinking of the same. I’m looking for an app that has accurate calorie burn using pedals cadence heart rate etc.

The last time MMR worked on my phone was last years RAGBRAI. It also worked on the one day STP (SEA - PDX).

Looking for another solution before then.....

Have to try another app.

I guess I’ll have to use Strava to feed MFP (myfitnesspal).. MMR is garbage if it won’t read sensors. I don’t think Under Armor gives a hoot about it’s paid users on bikes.. or it appears that way!

I took a 20 mile ride using Ride with GPS. My power meter is a dual crank meter DZERO. The app connected and in the pairing showed watts and cadence. Phone stayed in pocket but stopping I did not have a watts window, however the web after ride showed average watts. Have a ticket in with them and they seem far more receptive and helpful tham MMR. I'll keep you posted. Very frustration not getting things to work. Guess I'll breakdown and get a bike computer soon.....

Last edited by airman2482; 02-28-18 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 03-01-18, 05:32 AM
Ald1 

To be fair, it was my fault I did not have a watts metric as the app will show up to 10 metrics and you can easily change them from a very long list. Weather turning bad so I'll try on my trainer today. Also FYI when I exported this ride to MMR the calorie burn went down 200 and my MPH went up by about 1.5. This calculation should be a no brainer as distance traveled and moving time are absolute?
Old 03-01-18, 09:58 PM
airman2482

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok. I’ll have to do the comparison

...when the weather gets better here in MN. I do ride in the winter, but the iphone doesn’t fare well in cold weather.

A few more weeks of the warm weather and I hope I can get out with no studded tires.

I’m going to use Strava and not MMR this next riding season because of the failure of MMR’s ability to read sensors.

It’s too bad Under Armor “dropped the ball”. It was a nice program.

To be fair, it was my fault I did not have a watts metric as the app will show up to 10 metrics and you can easily change them from a very long list. Weather turning bad so I'll try on my trainer today. Also FYI when I exported this ride to MMR the calorie burn went down 200 and my MPH went up by about 1.5. This calculation should be a no brainer as distance traveled and moving time are absolute?
Old 06-15-20, 03:27 PM
stuman74

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I have a Duotrap S and want to use it with MapMyRide on my iPhone. How the heck do I select that device in the app? I do not see a selection for that device under "APPS & DEVICES". Thanks!
Old 06-17-20, 09:24 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
Originally Posted by airman2482
I guess I’ll have to use Strava to feed MFP (myfitnesspal).. MMR is garbage if it won’t read sensors.
just a heads up, strava does not do sensors either. i am using CycleMeter. i am an elite customer which is far cheaper than strava. CycleMeter does sensors but not sure about power as i don't have one. i presume that since it captures my HRM and cadence data that it would handle power just fine.

-scott