Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

American Flyer Emperor at Goodwill

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-17, 01:59 AM
thriftyswift

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ramzilla
Where are you & the bike located? From the small amount of info I've been able to get, My guess is these were imported somewhere on the West Coast. Probably California. With a five digit serial number there's probably thousands of these things still out there somewhere.
Hey! I don't check in here very often because interaction is quite sparse and, well, rather chilly. But: I am currently living in Cincinnati. How about you and your Emperor?
Old 11-18-17, 06:35 PM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
Originally Posted by thriftyswift
Hey! I don't check in here very often because interaction is quite sparse and, well, rather chilly. But: I am currently living in Cincinnati. How about you and your Emperor?
I move around frequently between three homes. So, I keep a stash of bicycles at each location. (I'm holed up in Fernandina Beach Florida right now). The Emperor is in the garage at my home in downtown Atlanta. About 1-1/2 miles from Piedmont Park. It's my favorite City bike. I've got this killer 3 park ride. I start out going around Piedmont Park then Candler Park & finally Grant Park. It's about 24 miles total. A combination of paved bike trails, street, & sidewalks. No place for a drop bar bike. Gotta go with the upright bars. Be good. Have fun.
Old 11-20-17, 10:22 PM
thriftyswift

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ramzilla
I move around frequently between three homes. So, I keep a stash of bicycles at each location. (I'm holed up in Fernandina Beach Florida right now). The Emperor is in the garage at my home in downtown Atlanta. About 1-1/2 miles from Piedmont Park. It's my favorite City bike. I've got this killer 3 park ride. I start out going around Piedmont Park then Candler Park & finally Grant Park. It's about 24 miles total. A combination of paved bike trails, street, & sidewalks. No place for a drop bar bike. Gotta go with the upright bars. Be good. Have fun.
Nice! Your 3 park ride sounds awesome! I am all about blazing new routes and rides for myself. I really enjoy exploring my city (all the cities in which I've lived) and sort of conquering it. Personally, I love to go fast (which explains 1/2 of my screen name) and after entering the realm of a flat-bar crossover bike for a handful of years – which was still a fast bike – and thinking it was better for my style of urban riding, I have returned to my drop bar roots. Anyway, you be good too. Thanks!
Old 12-04-17, 10:31 PM
thriftyswift

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I thought I posted here the other night, but maybe my computer froze up.

I had not yet really done anything to my Emperor until recently. It was then that I noticed the bike is a 12 speed. Given the bike's age, I thought it would be a 10. It's good, since I haven't been able to adjust the deraileur to allow it to access the highest two gears.

Also: I notice @ramzilla, that your fork seems to have chrome on the bottom half. Mine seems to be chromed fully, but the chrome on one side of the fork is actually partly coming off!
Old 08-06-20, 03:54 PM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
Oh well. All things must pass. I'm selling my beloved American Flyer. It's currently sporting a set of very heavy duty 27" wheels off of an old Raleigh Kodiak and some bullet proof Michelin Pro-Tek tires. The Shimano 600 brake calipers were also stripped off & replaced with some very good value Dia-Compe brakes w/new pads. This bike is a beast with 57cm high tension steel frame and, weighs in at 33 lbs on my luggage scale. I'm getting down to my last few classic vintage bikes for sale.

Last edited by cb400bill; 08-06-20 at 04:41 PM. Reason: No selling or linking to your CL ad allowed in Appraisals forum.